- The third and final meeting for hashing out ideas and plans to develop a downtown economic development initiative is Tuesday (6 p.m.) at the South Branch Library (78 Lynn St.). Residents, business owners and anyone else interested in the future of the downtown is encouraged to attend. The talking points for the evening are: what is the “big picture” vision of the downtown, where are the best opportunities to make things better, how to get more people to come to downtown Peabody and how can we get them to come back again, what to do to make downtown a more livable place for existing and future residents, what can the city do to lead the way, what can downtown property owners and businesses do, and lastly what can residents do? There will be light refreshments. Questions can be directed to Blair Haney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The School Committee meets for its regular session Tuesday at the Kiley School (the Student Advisory Committee will brief the board, starting at 7 p.m.).
- Karen's Ballroom Dancing and Fitness Studio is holding a restorative yoga session Thursday during which you can also drop off a new article of clothing to help keep a child warm this winter.
- D&A Fitness and Martial Arts Studio is holding an open house event all weekend long. There will be free classes, raffles and refreshments.
- The first annual PVMHS boys' soccer alumni game is being held this Saturday at the high school. Register to play by Wednesday.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.