- The Recreation Department will be at Pump it Up Monday for some fun and a movie. Here are the details.
- Heading out with the Recreation Department Tuesday for some ice skating and fun at SkyZone Trampoline Park? The bus leaves at 9 a.m. and returns at 4 p.m.
- Are your plans all set to ring in 2014 yet? There's a special comedy show planned to ring in the new year at the Elks Club. Larry Lee Lewis and Johnny Joyce will perform for the night with a buffet, dancing, live band and more. A portion of the proceeds will benefit a pancreatic cancer fund in memory of John "Oogie" May, who died earlier this year.
- Stonewood Tavern also says it's planning a New Year's Eve party with complimentary hors d"oeuvres, champagne and party favors. Tickets and dinner reservations are now available.
- Holiday Hours at the Peabody Institute: All branches of the public library will only be open 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Tuesday on New Year's Eve and closed on Wednesday on New Year's Day.
- Due to the holiday Wednesday, trash and recycling pickup will be delayed one day and all city and federal offices will be closed.
- The Peabody Public Schools return from winter break on Thursday, Jan. 2.
- Sports schedule: Check out the winter athletics schedule for Peabody Veterans Memorial High School right here.
- Are you hosting a New Year's Eve party or know of another good one around town? Go ahead and post the pertinent details right to our event calendar.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.