- The city inaugural ceremonies are scheduled for Monday (7 p.m.) in Wiggin Auditorium at City Hall.
- So, school now starts back up this week on Monday after another impromptu two days of vacation thanks to last week's blizzard.
- North Shore Community Action Programs is snipping the ribbon on its new offices in Peabody at 119R Foster St., Building 13 on Tuesday (10 a.m.). The public is invited to attend the ceremony and tour the new facility.
- The Fitzgerald family and Supino's Restaurant in Danvers are hosting an art auction Tuesday night to benefit families with children fighting neuroblastoma. Proceeds from the event go to the Fitzgerald Cancer Fund. There will be live music, gift baskets, door prizes and more.
- The deadline to apply for admission next fall to the new regional vocational school in Danvers is this Wednesday. You can find the application online here.
- The Peabody Health Department is offering a free flu shot clinic at City Hall Thursday (3-5 p.m.). No appointments are necessary.
- The Peabody Democratic City Committee is hosting a caucus workshop on Saturday at the Knights of Columbus Hall.
- Peabody High basketball this week: It's a busy one for the Tanners. On Monday, the boys visit Beverly (7 p.m.) while the girls host the Panthers (7 p.m.). Wednesday finds the girls in Winthrop (7 p.m.) and boys are at home against the Vikings (7 p.m.). And on Friday, the boys are on the road in Marblehead (7 p.m.) while the girls host the Magicians (7 p.m.). Right now the boys' team is 1-3 overall while the girls are at 3-1. You can find the rest of the schedule for Peabody High sports this week online here.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.