- Tryouts are this week for fall sports at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School, starting with football on Monday. Soccer, volleyball, cross country and field hockey are on Thursday and golf isn't until next Monday. You can find the schedule here.
- The ArcWorks Community Art Center will be host again Wednesday evening for a Painter's Pub party. Paint, sip, repeat. A fee of $40 per person covers all supplies, materials, instructions, light appetizers and two glasses of wine.
- There's a downtown bazaar in Peabody planned for this coming Saturday. Downtown shops will be out displaying their wares with a sidewalk sale for the day from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and there are some other activities planned, including an appearance by former New England Patriots quarterback Steve Grogan.
- The Danielle Holmes Yagjian Foundation is holding a charity bike run Saturday in memory of Yagjian, who died of cancer two years ago, and to raise funds to support other cancer victims. The ride starts and ends at the Italian-American Citizens Club on Blaney Avenue. There will be food, music and raffles following the ride at 1:30 p.m.
- Stop by the Buzz Sunday for a back to school haircut and contribute some supplies for Peabody teachers. The citywide PTO, Peabody PTC, is partnering with the Buzz Barber Shop to collect donations of classroom supplies on Aug. 25 and proceeds from haircuts between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. that day day will also help purchase additional supplies needed.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.