The following excerpts are from reports in the press log from May 25-28.
Friday, May 25
- 2:34 p.m. A caller at Tanners Court reported people screaming in the area. A second caller reported a possible fight. Police said the fight ended before officers arrived -- one person had fled, but the other remained at the scene.
- 3:31 p.m. Police reported a white male shoplifter, about 40 years old, had recently hit Macy's twice: stealing a $450 handbag the first time and making off with three polo shirts worth $255 the second time.
- 5 p.m. A caller on Helen Drive reported a motor vehicle drove around the area and a person inside the car then threw a beer bottle out the window.
- 6:26 p.m. Police received a report of a possible intoxicated person at The Gap in the mall. An officer reported the person was not intoxicated, but instead heavily medicated and was brought home.
- 6:48 p.m. Police responded to a security alarm at the on Lowell Street. Police said there was motion in the wallpaper area -- it turned out a squirrel was tripping the alarm. Police said the owner was on scene and would contact someone in the morning to remove the squirrel.
- 10:46 p.m. A caller on Timothy Road reported a suspicious looking motor vehicle was driving around the neighborhood very slowly -- the same vehicle was seen on several occasions. Police checked the area, but no vehicles were found matching the description.
- 10:47 p.m. A caller on Squanto Road reported a motor vehicle was speeding through the neighborhood late at night for the past two or three nights, and this time, the caller believed the vehicle possibly hit someone's garage. Police checked the garage and home but did not find any visible damage.
Saturday, May 26
- 12:54 a.m. Police responded to a report of suspicious looking motor vehicles at . An officer said it was just "young lovers" and they were sent on their way.
- 1:09 a.m. A caller at a Washington Street apartment reported a white male, about 20 years old, was chasing someone with a knife. The caller believed the male came from the house next door, but said she didn't know the person. Police said the individuals had fled the area.
- 1:15 a.m. A manager at reported two cars were stolen.
- 2:10 a.m. Police received a report of rocks being thrown through two windows at Baldwin Street home.
- 2:12 a.m. A caller reported a broken rear window on the person's car that occurred sometime during the evening while the car was parked on Lindauer Street.
- 2:44 a.m. A caller on Margin Terrace reported someone just threw a rock through her window.
- 4:57 a.m. The Fire Department extinguished a Dumpster fire on Berry Street.
- 7:02 a.m. A caller on Antrim Road reported someone threw a rock through the rear window of her car sometime during the night.
- 8:20 a.m. A caller on Joyce Road reported a broken rear window on the person's car that occurred sometime overnight.
- 8:23 a.m. A caller on Bartholomew Street also reported a broken car window that occurred sometime overnight.
- 8:26 a.m. Report of a broken car window on Crane Avenue that occurred around midnight.
- 9:19 a.m. Report of some damaged windshield wipers on a car parked on Bowditch Street that occurred overnight.
- 9:37 a.m. reported a person made several fraudulent purchases at the store, totaling $3,832.
- 3:45 p.m. A caller reported hearing a female screaming in an apartment on Crowninshield Street. Police said one person had an ankle injury and would be going to the hospital.
- 4:38 p.m. A caller on Birch Street reported her car window was smashed out with a rock sometime overnight.
- 5 p.m. A caller on Kenwood Road reported someone shot out a window at the home with a BB gun sometime between Thursday night and Friday morning.
- 5:12 p.m. A caller on Central Street reported there was a shopping cart with a TV in it outside in front of his home. Police said it was a large TV set in a Staples shopping cart. Public Services was notified to come remove it.
- 8:31 p.m. A caller reported kids were up on the roof of the . Police said there was no one on the roof when they arrived, but a large group of youths was seen walking away from the school.
- 9:43 p.m. Police received a report of a large group of kids jumping out in front of traffic near the on Lynn Street. An officer spoke with youths at the scene and sent them on their way.
- 10:58 p.m. Police received a report of a possible drunken driver who ran multiple red lights. Police stopped the car on Lynn Street and officers administered multiple field sobriety tests without "any arrestable findings." All occupants of the vehicle were sent on their way.
Sunday, May 27
- 10:17 a.m. A caller on Catherine Drive reported the rear window on his car was damaged overnight.
- 11:06 a.m. A female reported she was being called names by a man at the Whispering Meadows mobile home park. Police spoke with the resident who said he did not want his home health aid to return.
- 12:28 p.m. Staff at reported an incident of vandalism at the church. A priest said someone entered the chapel between Friday morning and Saturday afternoon and ripped several pages out of the Roman Missal book (a book of liturgical practices of the church).
- 1:07 p.m. A juvenile was issued a summons for shoplifting at .
- 1:16 p.m. A caller reported a loose pitbull was running down the street. An officer located the dog's owner and sent the animal home.
- 2:29 p.m. A caller said his car was struck by two paintballs as he was driving down Birch Street near the .
- 5:28 p.m. The Fire Department responded to a report of a Dumpster fire by the wood shop at . Firefighters extinguished the blaze and said there was some exterior damage to the school building.
- 7:13 p.m. A caller reported a large turtle in the road on First Avenue.
- 9:12 p.m. A caller on Franklin Street reported two youths were toilet papering a neighbor's house. The juveniles were gone before officers arrived, but police said there was toilet paper on the house.
- 10:48 p.m. Police received a report of two males trying to break into the garage of a Lynnfield Street home near the . The resident reported the males, who were wearing dark clothes and blue jeans, ran toward the woods near the Y. A blue car with a loud exhaust and a Red Sox "B" on the rear window was possibly involved in the incident. Police searched the woods and area around the Y, but were unable to find the suspects.
- 11:28 p.m. Police received a report of a car break-in at the . A purse was stolen, containing passport, checkbook, driver's license and credit cards.
Monday, May 28
- 12:29 a.m. A caller reported some youths were driving an ATV on Clark Road without using any headlights. Police said there was a party going on and the individuals were advised to keep it quiet and park the ATV for the night.
- 12:38 a.m. Police received a report of a theft of a purse in the parking lot at . The victim said she knew the thief, but the man was no longer in the area.
- 11:55 a.m. A 36-year-old man was issued a summons for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a one-way violation and driving to endanger, following a motor vehicle stop on Holten Street.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.