The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from March 5-6.
Tuesday, March 5
- 2:30 p.m. A caller on Manomet Road reported her jewelry was stolen from her home. Police said one male would be issued a court summons for larceny.
- 3:13 p.m. Florencio Deleon, 30, of 461 Eastern Ave. #1, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Batholomew Street. He was charged with speeding and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 3:14 p.m. A 54-year-old man was issued a court summons for having an altered, forged or counterfeit RMV document after police stopped his car on Route 114.
- 3:44 p.m. Frances Lara, 32, of 1 Ropes St. #1, Salem, was arrested, following a report of a shoplifter at H&M in the mall. She was charged with shoplifting by concealing merchandise (third offense) and on a Mass. Trial Court warrant.
- 5:41 p.m. James B. Matney, 29, of 104 Broadway #21, Saugus, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Birch and Lowell streets. He was charged with driving with a suspended license and for not having a valid inspection sticker.
- 6:08 p.m. A caller at Upton Manor on Walnut Street reported someone into her car during the night and stole a small souvenir "Bermuda" wallet with approximately $30 cash and change and two car chargers.
- 8:05 p.m. A caller reports his iPad was stolen from Macy Men's Department in the restroom by an unknown Asian youth.
- 8:22 p.m. A 39-year-old Peabody resident was issued a court summons for shoplifting, following an incident at the Sunglass Hut in the mall.
- 8:31 p.m. A 23-year-old Andover woman was issued a court summons on charges of negligent operation of a motor vehicle and a stop sign violation, following a two-car accident at the corner of Route 114 and Violet Road. A passenger in her car was transported to Salem Hospital with injuries.
Wednesday, March 6
- 1:06 a.m. An officer reported there was a vehicle on the traffic island at the turnaround on Route 1 in Lynnfield. Lynnfield police were notified and responded to the scene. The vehicle was a black 2000 Toyota Corolla.
- 9:42 a.m. One male was transported to Salem Hospital after his scooter rolled over at Brooksby Village.
- 11:57 a.m. A 14-year-old at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School was arrested on drug charges by Juvenile Officer Manuel Costa. The teen was charged with distribution of a Class D drug (marijuana) and a drug violation near a school or park.
- 12:57 p.m. A Sprague Street resident reported receiving threats via telephone. An officer spoke to both individuals and said there was an argument between the two over $50.
- 1:21 p.m. A student at Higgins Middle School was issued a court summons by Juvenile Officer Mario Alves for assault with a dangerous weapon and possession of a dangerous weapon on school grounds. No further details were given at the time.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.