The following are excerpts from arrest reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct. 4.
Thursday, Oct. 4
- 2:27 p.m. A Lowell Street resident reported his firearm was stolen sometime in 2009. He was notified today that a firearm was found in Saugus that was registered to him.
- 2:48 p.m. A caller reported traffic cones placed on the side of the road at the corner of Surrey Lane and Birch Street were causing a traffic hazard. An officer checked the roadway and said a resident placed the cones on the street so the parents don't park in the area that is posted "No parking."
- 4:11 p.m. An employee at Babies R Us reported a past larceny at the store. Someone stole a stroller and a car seat.
- 4:49 p.m. Employees at Hertz Local Edition on Route 1 reported a stolen rental car. They said the vehicle had not been returned since July 19. Two demand notices were already sent to the person who rented the car.
- 4:58 p.m. A caller at the Peabody Institute Library reported a stolen cell phone.
- 5:57 p.m. The Fire Department requested an officer stand by for traffic control while Fire Alarm tended to three sets of lights on Route 114 and downtown. Callers reported the lights heading west in front of Chandler's Ice Cream, the lights at Wilson Square in both directions and the lights at Central and Walnut streets were all stuck on red. Multiple officers were sent to the scenes to assist with traffic while the lights were restored to working order.
- 6:32 p.m. Police received a report of a pedestrian hit by a car on Main Street with serious injuries. See related story.
- 7:12 p.m. A caller reported an assault by an uncle at the caller's grandparents' home on Clement Avenue. A temporary warrant was issued for a 45-year-old Florida man for domestic assault and battery
- 7:54 p.m. An officer reported a fire truck backed into a fence enclosing a Dumpster on Bourbon Street, doing some damage to the driver's rear wheelwell and diamond plate step below the door.
- 8:43 p.m. Joseph Severino, 44, of 24 Mt. Pleasant Dr., Peabody, was arrested at his home for domestic assault and battery.
- 11:37 p.m. A female caller reported she was being harrassed on Facebook and Twitter by another female youth she had never met.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.