Friday, Nov. 15
- 2:07 p.m. A caller reported a person fell at the Leather City Common and was bleeding. An officer reported the man was in respiratory distress and going in and out of consciousness. He was taken to Salem Hospital.
- 2:42 p.m. A caller on Granite Road reported there was a raccoon up a tree with a mayonnaise jar stuck on its head. A firefighter and the animal control officer responded to the scene and rescued the raccoon.
- 3:26 p.m. Neema Mweze, 18, of 128 Shore Dr., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a shoplifter at JC Penney. She was charged with larceny over $250.
- 10:40 p.m. A caller reported three to four teens were drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana at Cottage Street Park. An officer located the teens and sent them on their way.
- 11:11 p.m. A caller at Lowe Mart Liquors on Lowell Street reported a car pulled up in front of the store, but the driver did not exit the vehicle, instead he was leaning against the steering wheel. An officer said the man fell asleep in the parking lot and he was sent on this way for the night.
Saturday, Nov. 16
- 12:29 a.m. A male caller at the Main Branch Library reported he was trying to walk home, but his girlfriend kept harassing him. An officer drove the male to his home on Pierpont Street.
- 3:57 a.m. Police received a report of a customer fighting with employees at the 7-Eleven on Route 1. The caller said the confrontation was just verbal, but then the call was disconnected and no one picked up on multiple return calls. An officer at the scene said the argument was over some food and the customer had left in a black pickup truck. The clerk didn't want any police assistance at the time; however, an hour later, the man returned and was causing problems again, according to the clerk. The man reportedly didn't pay at first for all the items taken. An officer responded to the scene and said payment was made. Police received a third call shortly before 7 a.m. from the man, claiming the clerk stole his wallet. The man left the scene again before officers arrived.
- 7:55 a.m. An officer reported assisting U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents with arresting two individuals at a Shore Drive residence.
- 9:32 a.m. A caller reported there was a dog running loose between exits 24 and 25 on Route 128 North. State police were notified. A second caller said there was a small dog, possibly a Jack Russell Terrier, heading northbound on the highway.
- 11:48 a.m. The Fire Department responded to a brush fire in a yard on Lisa Road.
- 1:07 p.m. Danvers police reported a shoplifter fled from the Liberty Tree Mall over to the Mobile Estates trailer park on Route 1.
- 1:27 p.m. A caller reported a loose dog near Elmwood Circle.
- 1:34 p.m. A caller reported a female was leaning on a tree at the intersection of Lowell and King streets for more than two hours. Police said the woman was conducting a traffic study.
- 2:08 p.m. A caller at the Gardner Apartments on Pulaski Street reported he received a call from someone claiming to be from MGM Grand and that he won $1 million in cash. The person told him they were en route to deliver the winnings. Police said they would respond to investigate if the person did show up.
- 2:30 p.m. Lisa V. Abkarian, 28, of Wakefield, was arrested, following a report of a shoplifter at JC Penney. She was charged with shoplifting by concealing merchandise.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.