The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from July 18-19.
Wednesday, July 18
- 2:22 p.m. An officer reported that lightning struck a tree near the on Washington Street and it looked like a branch might fall down on a house. DPS was notified.
- 2:31 p.m. An officer reported that Foster Street was starting to flood, due to the rain. Cars were still able to make it down the street.
- 2:46 p.m. Police responded to a report of a past car break-in at Rainbow Circle. A police bullet proof vest was taken.
- 3:45 p.m. A caller on Juniper Road reported a man inside a dark SUV was taking pictures. Police checked the area, but did not find anyone.
- 5:13 p.m. A caller reported a past car break-in at Rainbow Circle. A Blackberry device was taken from the unlocked vehicle.
- 6:33 p.m. A caller at a Wallis Street apartment building reported there were two males fighting out in the hallway. He said both fled the scene --one on foot and the other on a bike. The second male was was wearing a black shirt with the number "80" on the back, while the first male was white with blonde hair and tattoos on the right side of his upper body. Police said the no one was around when they arrived at the scene.
- 8:10 p.m. A caller on Blaney Avenue reported a dispute with a neighbor who was calling him names. The caller said he was yelling obscenities across the street. The neighbor did not answer his door to speak with an officer.
- 9:03 p.m. The owner of a on Main Street reported her shop's front window was the target of a drive-by shooting with a BB gun. Police at the scene confirmed that BB pellets were fired at the window. The estimated damage was unknown at the time. Police said no on was hurt in the incident.
Thursday, July 19
- 7:51 a.m. Police responded to a report of a stolen vehicle at a construction site at the corner of Pulaski and Gardner streets. A construction trailer and a compressor were stolen. Police said the trailer was last seen around 11 p.m. attached to a red pickup truck.
- 8:16 a.m. A caller on Bartholomew Street reported someone spray-painted the rear window of his car overnight. An officer said there was also paint left on the street, going down to another home.
- 9:21 a.m. A pharmacist at reported someone tried to pass a fake prescription. Police identified the suspect and said she was supposed to return to the store later in the day to pick up the drugs. The woman, a 37-year-old North Central Street resident, would be charged with attempting to commit a crime, obtaining drugs by fraud and on a warrant.
- 9:42 a.m. A caller on Bartholomew Street reported someone spray-painted the window and hood of her car.
- 9:57 a.m. An officer was flagged down on Bartholomew Street by a resident reporting a car break-in. The vehicle was rummaged through, but nothing was taken.
- 10:58 a.m. A caller on Pleasant Street reported someone stole his prescription medication. Police were familiar with the suspect and headed to the person's residence to retrieve the drugs.
- 11 a.m. An employee at Pacific Sunwear reported finding narcotics in the store. An officer picked up the item and brought it back to the station to be destroyed.
- 12:25 p.m. Mall security reported receiving a complaint of theft by an employee at . A 20-year-old Saugus female was issued a summons for larceny over $250 and issued a no trespass order for three years.
- 12:33 p.m. A 42-year-old Cambridge man was issued a summons for larceny over $250, following a report of a stolen cell phone at the mall.
- 1:22 p.m. A caller reported a suspicious vehicle pulled into a neighbor's driveway to "admire vandalism in the neighborhood." The caller suspected the person was involved in the vandalism. Police checked the area for the car.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.