Thursday, Aug. 22
- 2:15 p.m. A caller at Varinos Dental on Route 1 reported a car break-in. The female said her purse was stolen. Police later said the bag was returned, but a diamond ring and personal papers were missing.
- 2:52 p.m. A caller on Smoke Rise Circle reported someone entered his car overnight and stole a digital camera.
- 6:01 p.m. Police cited a motorist for speeding on Jubilee Drive. Police said the vehicle was going 55 mph in a 30 mph zone.
- 7:08 p.m. Report of a theft at Victoria's Secret. Police said $1,500 worth of merchandise was stolen.
- 7:09 p.m. Store security at Sears reported they were watching a female shoplifter. She was subsequently issued a lifetime no trespassing order.
- 7:47 p.m. A Fay Avenue resident reported a past break-in to a vehicle. A pair of sunglasses were stolen.
- 8:30 p.m. A 37-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons for driving under the influence of alcohol and not using her headlights after her car was pulled over by police on Arnold Avenue. She was driving a blue 2006 Mercury Marine.
- 9:33 p.m. A caller on Winona Street reported someone lit off fireworks on her porch. She told police unknown suspects rang her doorbell and then lit a can containing fireworks on the porch, causing burn marks. The damage to the floor was estimated at $250. A bolt was also missing from her gate.
Friday, Aug. 23
- 12:08 a.m. A caller reported there were people smashing bottles in the street on Pierpont Street. Police checked the area, but didn't find anyone.
- 1:54 a.m. A caller on Bragg Street reported someone threw a beer bottle at her car. Police said the rear taillight was smashed by a bottle.
- 3:48 a.m. A caller on Mason Street reported he believed someone was stealing scrap metal from his property. He believes the suspects were driving a dark blue sedan. He said it wasn't first time he believes the person(s) went through his Dumpster.
- 10:29 a.m. A caller reported a hit-and-run accident near Tedeschi Food Shops on Lowell Street. Police said traffic lights were knocked down and the suspect vehicle -- a black and white pickup truck -- was believed to have left the scene heading east on Lowell Street. The Fire Department was notified.
- 11:06 a.m. William Aliferis Jr., 44, of 48 Lynnfield St. #2, Peabody, was arrested on Murphy Road on an outstanding warrant issued from Framingham District Court on larceny charges. He was booked as a courtesy for Hopkinton police and turned over to officers from that department. Peabody police also later issued a court summons for Aliferis on a charge of possession of a Class A drug.
- 1:25 p.m. A 66-year-old Medford man reported his identity, along with his Social Security number, were stolen while he was at the Northshore Mall two days before. He said three phones had since been purchased in his name, along with $190 in fraudulent credit card charges.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.