Wednesday, Nov. 6
- 9:45 a.m. A caller reported there were raccoons living in a vacant city-owned building near 52 Warren St. He was advised to address his complaint to the Health Department.
- 10:32 a.m. A caller on Bartholomew Street reported he found a syringe and it was happening more frequently.
- 1:25 p.m. A man was taken to Salem Hospital after falling off his bicycle near the corner of Central and Walnut streets.
- 3:34 p.m. A caller reported a white female with a Gatorade bottle stole her cell phone, driver's license and credit at the Main Branch Library.
- 3:58 p.m. A caller reported the chickens at a Harrison Avenue home were being mistreated. The animal control officer responded to the scene to check the well being of the chickens and said the coops were empty and the man who lived at the home was overseas.
- 7:04 p.m. A caller on Spring Street reported the neighbor's dog was repeatedly getting loose and defecating in the yard.
- 8:33 p.m. A caller reported an iPhone 5c was stolen from the Verizon Wireless kiosk at the Northshore Mall.
Thursday, Nov. 7
- 1:40 a.m. A caller reported several large pumpkins were smashed in the middle of the road in Wilson Square.
- 11:25 a.m. An officer took a report of bullying on a school bus on Oakland Street.
- 11:26 a.m. Police responded to a report of a fight in the hallway in the vocational programs wing at Higgins Middle School. Anthony Rossi, 18, of 92 Walnut St., Peabody, was arrested and charged with disturbing a school assembly, assault and battery and assault and battery on a public employee.
- 2:05 p.m. A caller at Lahey Medical Center, Peabody reported there was an unwanted guest -- an intoxicated female -- at the hospital. Rachel Chittick, 21, of 6 Gallows Hill Rd., Salem, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and assault and battery on a police officer.
- 6:20 p.m. A caller at P.F. Chang's reported a manager stole $5,000 in the past few months. Police said they would be conducting a follow-up investigation.
- 6:44 p.m. A person was transported to Salem Hospital after getting a leg stuck in a grate at the Leather City Common.
- 8:02 p.m. Craig Hyde, 28, 252 Newbury St. #100, Peabody, was arrested, following a car accident in Wilson Square. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense) and a marked lanes violation.
Friday, Nov. 8
- 9:13 a.m. A caller reported an erratic operator in a red Honda hatchback was weaving side-to-side and crossing the center line on Summit Street. An officer stopped the driver and said he was just avoiding pot holes.
- 10:35 a.m. A male driver was cited for failure to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk and a red light violation, following a traffic stop on Foster Street.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.