Thursday, Sept. 5
- 2:49 p.m. Edward A. Kozwich, 67, of 308 Lowell St., Peabody, was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Peabody District Court, following a report of an unwanted guest at a Washington Street residence.
- 6:50 p.m. A caller reported kids at Raddin Park were kicking up the sod and crossed some caution tape. Police said two youths were found in the area and they were advised to stay off the newly planted grass and the marked off area. The new playground was vandalized several times recently.
- 8:35 p.m. A security call center reported an "SOS" signal was coming from a car on Lowell Street. A woman told police her kids pushed the button while she was in the supermarket.
Friday, Sept. 6
- 3:48 a.m. A caller at a Main Street apartment complained that his neighbors were being loud. An officer said there was no answer at the door. The neighbor then called back to say the occupants inside the apartment were fighting and throwing things. Police said a party was broken up for the night and everyone left.
- 4:38 a.m. Brett Schettino, 31, of 266 Newbury St. #11, Peabody, was arrested at his residence, following a report of a domestic incident. He was charged with malicious destruction of property under $250 and assault and battery on an elderly or disabled person.
- 10:18 a.m. A female caller reported she was with a young child who was walking alone with a dog at Basford Court. An officer said the child was returned to her father, who was at home asleep, and he would also file child endangerment charges.
- 12:50 p.m. A resident at a Route 1 mobile home park reported her lawn was damaged. An officer observed fresh skunk tracks and believed the damage was actually from skunks digging for grubs.
- 1:27 p.m. Report of a hit-and-run accident on Prospect Street involving a U-Haul truck. A second caller said there was a Hispanic male chasing after the truck and he had a knife. The vehicle that was hit -- a 2000 Nissan Maxima -- was operated by a 19-year-old Salem female. The truck was last seen on Prospect Street heading toward Route 114.
- 3:06 p.m. A caller reported a possible domestic incident at a home on Sunset Drive. The neighbor heard someone yell: "Put the knife down." A 16-year-old was subsequently arrested and charged with aggravated domestic assault and battery and assault with a dangerous weapon (a knife).
- 4:14 p.m. Police responded to a report of disorderly person on an MBTA bus at the Northshore Mall and subsequently arrested two people. Julie A. Lindner, 29, of 59 Walnut St. #7, Peabody, was charged on three outstanding warrants for shoplifting, larceny, forgery and sexual conduct for a fee. Aida E. Alceyan, 32, of 59 Walnut St. #4, Peabody, was charged with disorderly conduct.
- 5:33 p.m. A 33-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons on charges of leaving the scene of an accident with personal injuries and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (a motor vehicle) after a hit-and-run accident with a pedestrian on Central Street. See related story.
- 6:57 p.m. A 19-year-old Peabody male was issued a civil citation for possession of marijuana, following a motor vehicle stop on Coolidge Avenue.
- 9:19 p.m. An employee at Babies R Us reported a group of teenagers in a red Dodge were harassing shoppers. The vehicle left before police arrived.
- 11:27 p.m. A caller on Sachem Road reported she saw a silver four-door vehicle strike her brother's vehicle parked outside their home and then drive off. The suspect vehicle headed toward Lowell Street. Police didn't find the silver vehicle, but said it struck one vehicle, pushing it into another one. A 36-year-old Danvers woman was eventually issued a court summons on a charge of leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.