Sunday, Aug. 25
- 3:57 p.m. A caller on Barnstable Road reported an injured hawk flew into the front door of the home. Police said the environmental police were notified and that it was actually a falcon, not a hawk. The bird was up in a tree and appeared to be fine.
- 4:25 p.m. A caller reported her neighbors were constantly loud with parties and had children running around in diapers. An officer checked the home at the corner of Sutton and Beckett streets and reported there were three men and a child sitting on chairs.
- 5:23 p.m. A caller on Margin Street reported an unwanted guest (a male) tried to kick in the door. The man was described as white and wearing a black hat, black shirt and a backpack. The person left on foot in the area of Newcastle Road.
- 5:23 p.m. Report of a shoplifter at Macy's.
- 6:17 p.m. A caller reported his catalytic converter was cut off his vehicle while he ate dinner at Carraba's on Route 1.
- 7:58 p.m. A caller reported the catalytic converter was cut off his wife's vehicle while it was parked at SpringHill Suites.
- 8:16 p.m. Police said they received multiple reports of catalytic converters being removed from vehicles at Route 1 businesses. Officers checked parking lots at the various businesses, including Santarpio's, hotels, Land Rover and some car repair shops, but did not find any suspicious activity.
- 11:16 p.m. A caller reported a car accident on Lynn Street. A 22-year-old Peabody man was taken to Salem Hospital by ambulance and his vehicle was towed from the scene. PMLP was notified to respond as well.
Monday, Aug. 26
- 3:25 a.m. A caller at the Gaeta's Shell gas station on Route 1 reported a taxi driver took her cell phone and was trying to make her pay money to get it back. An officer said the woman was able to retrieve her phone and had called a different cab company for a ride.
- 11:06 a.m. A store manager at New York & Co. in the Northshore Mall reported a $1,900 theft the night before.
- 1:04 p.m. Christina M. Connor, 32, of 43 Boston St., Salem, was arrested, following a report of a shoplifter at Stop & Shop. She was charged with shoplifting by concealing merchandise and on two warrants from Gloucester District Court.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.