The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct. 8-9.
Monday, Oct. 8
- 2:14 p.m. A caller reported having an accident on Summit Street near Christian Book Distributors. The caller said he struck a pedestrian with his car. The pedestrian did not want an ambulance to respond to the scene and just took down the driver's information.
- 5:20 p.m. David F. Sullivan, 52, of 1 Pond St. #1E, Winthrop, was arrested, following a report of shoplifting at Lenscrafters. He was charged with shoplifting by concealing merchandise (third offense).
- 6:29 p.m. A caller on Shore Drive reported some kids were playing "ding dong ditch" -- in other words, ringing doorbells and running away. An officer spoke to their parents and they said they would handle it.
- 7:52 p.m. An officer reported a female on a bicycle was outside McDonald's on Main Street and was "under the weather." The officer transported her to home. A caller then reported he almost hit a person in the street after someone pushed her.
Tuesday, Oct. 9
- 7:05 a.m. A caller on Waselchuk Drive reported some property damage done by her grandson.
- 8:25 a.m. The landlord of a house on Warren Street reported someone threw a rock at a window, damaging it.
- 9:21 a.m. A female caller on Perkins Street reported her fiance was missing. The man was entered into the police database system as missing, and then was found in Pennsylvania, police said.
- 10:21 a.m. A police cruiser was towed to the city garage after an accident at Brooksby Farm. No further details were available.
- 12:22 p.m. North Shore Laboratories on Endicott Street reported two windows were damaged by rocks.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.