The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Jan. 25-26.
Friday, Jan. 25
- 4:31 p.m. A caller on Lowell Street reported there was an abandoned vehicle in the rear lot of his property. Police ran the license plate, which came back as stolen from Peabody on Jan. 15. The vehicle was towed to the police station and the owner was notified.
- 4:50 p.m. A caller reported his vehicle was stolen and eventually recovered, but the plow was missing from the front and he believed it was at a home on Curwen Road. Police searched the residence and located the plow, which was brought back to the station. A 54-year-old Peabody man who lives there was then issued a court summons for receiving stolen property over $250.
- 6:03 p.m. A caller reported a past burglary at a McIntyre Court home. A TV valued at $800, a chain valued at $1,500 and a watch were all stolen. Police said there were signs of forced entry.
- 6:24 p.m. A resident at Whispering Meadows Mobile Home Park reported a friend who stayed over the night before had now made threats to come down and burn down his trailer. An officer spoke with the friend and said he would stay away from the caller.
- 8:02 p.m. Report of a tractor-trailer stuck on a guard rail at the corner of Lowell and Forest streets. A caller said it looked like the vehicle was about to tip over. Police, fire and Phil's Towing responded to the scene. Police said the tractor-trailer was carrying corrosive and flammable material. State police were also called to the scene. The rig was removed from the guard rail and state police handled the incident.
- 10:48 p.m. Police received a report of a larceny of a phone from the Peabody Marriott. The phone was then located at SpringHill Suites. An officer said an employee of SpringHill Suites found the missing items at the Marriott and brought them to work with him.
Saturday, Jan. 26
- 1:10 a.m. Bishwa Ganguly, 40, of 1 Longfellow #3114, Boston, was arrested for disorderly conduct, following a report of an unruly guest at the Peabody Marriott.
- 6:29 a.m. An employee at Tobin & Sons reported five trailers were vandalized with graffiti. The trailers were worth $8,000 each.
- 8:27 a.m. Police responded to a report of an assault at a Washington Street apartment and arrested a man and a woman who lived there. Francisco J. Rivera, 40, was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon (a knife) while Gladys R. Rivera, 58, was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (a baseball bat). Both Riveras live at 19 Washington St. #1.
- 12:54 p.m. An officer issued a citation for "excessive tint" to a 38-year-old Peabody man driving a black 2013 Ford F350 on Central Street.
- 1:59 p.m. Evil Ramirez, 41, of 30 Exchange St., Gloucester, was arrested for disorderly conduct, following a report of a person accosting guests at the Marriott.
- 2:47 p.m. A caller reported the occupants of a gold Mazda MX6 were possibly involved in illegal drug activity. The car was last seen heading west on Lowell Street past the Hess gas station. West Peabody patrol units were given the information.
- 5:54 p.m. The management at the McDonald's on Main Street reported an intoxicated male was drinking inside the restaurant. The male was described as tall, older and with gray hair. He was given a ride to his father's home on Beckett Street.
- 7:19 p.m. Mark A. Guy, 27, of Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Jubilee Drive. He was charged with a lights violation and driving with a suspended license (subsequent offense).
- 10:04 p.m. David Todisco, 31, of 59 Wordsworth St., East Boston, was arrested on a warrant out of Cambridge District Court and for possession of a Class B drug (subsequent offense). Police responded to Sylvan Street Grille on a report of a female customer refusing to pay her bill and then ended up arresting Todisco after discovering the warrant. The woman paid her bill.
- 11:16 p.m. Douglas Gomes, 30, of 34 Maria St. #2, Everett, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Tremont and Mount Vernon streets. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, driving with a revoked registration and in an uninsured vehicle.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.