The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Jan. 10-11.
Thursday, Jan. 10
- 3:45 p.m. One person was transported to Mass. General Hospital with injuries after a car accident on Lynn Street. Two vehicles and a third, parked, car were involved in the accident.
- 4:34 p.m. A caller on Blaney Avenue reported a dispute and larceny over a "Lightweight Transport Chair." Police said the chair was owned by a female who had the proper receipts for the equipment, but the other family involved in the dispute refused to give the chair to her and attempted to return it instead to a medical equipment company in Salem. Salem police were called to remove those people from the business the day before and the chair might have been left at a loading dock with an employee.
- 6:17 p.m. Eric S. Henault, 18, of 20 Knollwood Dr., Charlton, was arrested for shoplifting at JC Penney and on a warrant out of Dudley District Court.
- 7:25 p.m. A male caller reported his ex-girlfriend hacked into his Facebook account and he wanted to speak to an officer about it.
- 9:13 p.m. A caller on Rockway Road reported her daughter just kicked in the front door and asked police to remove the daughter from the home. Police said she left without further incident.
- 10:09 p.m. A caller reported a male, possibly intoxicated, was kicking over trash barrels at the corner of Lowell and Perkins streets.
Friday, Jan. 11
- 1:40 a.m. A 28-year-old Topsfield woman was placed into protective custody after an officer stopped her motor vehicle on Route 1 at the Jughandle. Her vehicle was towed from the scene.
- 2:08 a.m. A driver was cited for speeding, a marked lanes violation, failure to use care in turning and defective equipment (windshield), following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1.
- 7:13 a.m. Michael White, 31, of 17 Columbia Rd. #3, Wakefield, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1. He was charged with driving with a suspended license (subsequent offense), failure to wear a seat belt and on two outstanding warrants from Woburn District Court for motor vehicle violations and a drug possession charge.
- 12:04 p.m. A caller reported suspicious activity at his job site on Northend Street. He said there were ongoing problems with kids in the area, doing damage overnight.
- 1:16 p.m. A 33-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and speeding, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lynnfield Street and Blair Terrace. His car was towed.
- 1:22 p.m. An officer received a report of a stolen iPhone at Higgins Middle School.
- 1:43 p.m. An officer reported stopping a car on Fairview Avenue for having a revoked registration. The license plate was confiscated and would be returned to the RMV and the owner/driver was issued a court summons for driving with a revoked registration, no insurance on a public way and numerous civil charges.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.