The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Feb. Feb 12-13.
Tuesday, Feb. 12
- 3:14 p.m. The emergency parking ban in effect since Feb. 8 was finally lifted.
- 3:42 p.m. One male driver was cited for speeding and impeding operation, following a two-car accident on Lynn Street.
- 4:01 p.m. Police responded to a report of a dispute between neighbors on Coleman Street possibly involving a weapon. Officers said it was a dispute over the placement of snow and the neighbors were advised to stay away from each other.
- 4:36 p.m. Michael W. Halbick, 33, of 32 Sutton St., Peabody, was arrested on a warrant in the lobby of the police station.
- 5:39 p.m. Police received multiple calls about two Saint Bernard dogs in traffic on Winona Street heading toward Lynnfield. The Animal Control Officer identified them as belonging to a Nichols Lane resident and said the Lynnfield Animal Control Officer assisted with returning the dogs home. The canines escaped because of snow drifts in the yard.
Wednesday, Feb. 13
- 6:10 a.m. Police responded to a break-in at Long's Jewelers. Officers said it appeared a dumbbell was used to break a window. No further details were available.
- 6:17 a.m. A custodian at the West School reported students created a safety hazard by piling snow on the rear stairs to the school -- the snow had iced up and he wasn't able to remove it.
- 8:27 a.m. A 28-year-old Salem woman was transported to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident at the corner of Perkins and Lowell streets.
- 9:34 a.m. An officer reported the sidewalk in front of Walgreens on Main Street was being shoveled out, but the others were not touched yet.
- 10 a.m. Timothy Dixon, 35, of 39 Amity St., Lynn, was arrested for disorderly conduct, possession of a Class B drug (subsequent offense) and on six default warrants after a caller reported a man was sleeping inside a car on Abby Ellen Lane. The warrants were out of Lynn, Lawrence, Salem, Malden and Chelsea district courts on charges including multiple counts of drug possession, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, assault and battery on a police officer and larceny.
- 10:39 a.m. Ryan W. Hughes, 35, of 14 Bourbon St. #36, Peabody, was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Salem District Court.
- 10:56 a.m. Police reported checking on snow removal at downtown businesses and said some had cleared their sidewalks, while many others didn't along Washington and Main streets.
- 12:45 p.m. A caller reported there were four to five males throwing ice and snowballs on Main Street. An officer spoke to them and they left the area.
- 1:39 p.m. Store security at The Gap reported a past larceny of merchandise from the store. The incident occurred on Feb. 3. The store said 209 sweaters worth $3,219 were stolen from the children's section.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.