The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct. 6-9.
Thursday, Oct. 6
- 2:07 p.m. Obed Matul, 23, of 150 Hamilton Ave. #3, Lynn, was arrested on Lynnfield Street, following a motor vehicle stop. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, failure to stop or yield and on a warrant.
- 2:28 p.m. A car break-in was reported at . An iPod and a bag of tools were stolen.
- 3:09 p.m. A caller on Russell Street reported she had work done to her home and she now noticed shed was missing jewelry.
- 4:04 p.m. Esvin R. Bamaca, 32, of 17 Court St. #2, Lynn, was arrested on an outstanding default warrant from Lynn District Court and for giving a false name or address to a police officer.
- 4:09 p.m. Henry A. Williams, 58, of 78 Central Ave. #202, Lynn, was arrested on Lynnfield Street near for driving under the influence of alcohol. Police said a caller reported a possible intoxicated driver and that the person had run over several bushes and might have struck cars parked in the plaza.
- 5 p.m. Police received a report of possible attempted larceny at on Summit Street.
- 5:40 p.m. Miguel A. Chavez, 43, of 27 Exeter St., Lynn, was arrested on Winona Street, following a motor vehicle stop. Chavez was charged on a warrant from Lynn District Court, failure to stop or yield and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 7:10 p.m. An officer was transported to the hospital, following a motor vehicle accident at the . Another driver was issued a written warning. No further details were available.
- 8:52 p.m. A caller at reported a past theft of a diaper bag.
- 11:08 p.m. Laron L. Richardson, 23, of 65 Astor St., Lynn, was arrested near , following a motor vehicle stop. Richardson was charged with driving with a suspended license, a marked lanes violation and failure to stop.
- 11:11 p.m. Joao O. Babilon, 27, of 10 Winter St. #2, Peabody, was arrested at his residence for domestic assault and battery. Police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance involving Babilon and a female victim.
Friday, Oct. 7
- 11:17 a.m. A male driver was issued a summons for a red light violation and driving to endanger, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Main and Washington streets.
- 11:59 a.m. John B. Lefave, 53, of 4 Mill St. #3, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a disturbance at a residence on Putnam Street Extension. A caller said he wanted another man reported from the premises. Lefave was charged with assault and battery, breaking and entering for a misdemeanor, trespassing and on a warrant from Salem District Court.
- 3:41 p.m. An employee at Workout World on Route 1 reported the gym classroom wall was damaged.
- 4:10 p.m. A male was issued a citation for possession of a Class D substance, following a report of a disturbance at the corner of Clement Avenue and Washington Street. A caller reported the passenger of a car was yelling and throwing objects at his children. An officer spoke with all involved and sent them on their way.
- 5:15 p.m. A caller at an Aborn Street apartment reported she was having an argument with her son and he sprayed her with the hose. Police said the argument was over property destroyed from the flooding earlier in the week.
- 5:28 p.m. A caller reported three teens were riding around Esquire Drive on their bicycles. One of the suspicious teens was wearing a ski mask.
- 5:28 p.m. A caller on Blaney Avenue reported his brother stole two cameras.
- 7:57 p.m. A caller reported someone was tossing tomatoes at passing cars on Lowell Street.
Saturday, Oct. 8
- 8:07 a.m. The removed a moped from a building on Central Street because the vehicle was leaking gasoline. The moped was towed away by Mallia's for safe keeping and a note was left for the owner.
- 1:31 p.m. A female resident was transported to Salem Hospital with injuries, following a report of a medical emergency at the corner of Tracey and Walnut streets. The reported the incident was actually a domestic situation in which the victim suffered some lacerations.
- 2:48 p.m. Frederick R. Cerundolo, 46, of 20 Newhall Ave. #104 , Saugus, Judith Cerundolo, 48, of 26 Stowers St., Revere, and Edward M. DiLorenzo, 54, of 6 Washington St., Revere, were all arrested for larceny over $250, following a motor vehicle stop at the . Frederick Cerundolo was also charged on an outstanding warrant from and gave police a home address on Hampshire Road.
- 4:05 p.m. A caller on Central Street reported a pit bull was running around her property and appeared to be foaming at the mouth. An officer said there were no collars or tags on the dog.
Sunday, Oct. 9
- 1:10 a.m. Vanderly A. Deoliveira, 32, of 90 Walnut St. #2, Peabody, was arrested for disorderly conduct, following a report of a loud party on Harris Street.
- 1:43 a.m. An officer reported finding a "multitude" of graffiti on the exterior of the building at on Cross Street.
- 2:19 a.m. Richard P. Remieres, 47, of 12 Tracey St., Peabody, was arrested for disorderly conduct, following a report of a car on fire on Tracey Street. The was at the scene and asked for a detective to respond as well.
- 8:41 a.m. A male juvenile was arrested for malicious destruction of property, following a report that the youth smashed a computer and a car window on Dudley Street. The youth was later released into the custody of his father.
- 11:35 a.m. Anthony L. Rodriguez, 22, of 130 South St., Lynn, was arrested at the for driving with a suspended license.
- 1:12 p.m. A resident asked to speak to an officer about a dispute between two tenants on Lowell Street regarding use of a shared laundry area. The dispute was over use of the washer and dryer.
For questions about this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.