The following excerpts are from reports in the press log from May 17-18.
Thursday, May 17
- 2:18 p.m. Police made a motor vehicle stop at and cited a driver for speeding in a school zone and not having a valid inspection sticker.
- 2:35 p.m. Police responded to a report of a two-vehicle accident involving a motorcycle on Foster Street. One female was transported to Salem Hospital. The driver of the car was cited for failure to use care while turning.
- 3:50 p.m. Dominic D. Nguyen, 18, of 57 Franklin Ave., Chelsea, was arrested, following a report of an uncooperative shoplifter at . Store security said he ran off toward the wooded area behind . He was charged with shoplifting.
- 5:37 p.m. A man reported he lost $6,700 in cash belonging to his business sometime last night, and today an employee said he had picked it up and has it at his residence. The owner asked for an officer to accompany him and the employee while they went to the employee's residence to pick up the money. Boston police were notified and responded to the request.
- 5:51 p.m. Adeon C. Reis, 26, of 71 Montvale Ave. #37, Stoneham, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lowell Street. Reis was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, which was also unregistered.
- 6:48 p.m. Haverhill police reported making an arrest and recovering a white 2003 Chevrolet Impala that was reported stolen in Peabody. The rightful owner was notified.
- 7:05 p.m. A caller on Aberdeen Avenue reported about $800 worth of copper was stolen from his garage over the past two weeks. Police said it was copper coil for an air conditioner.
- 7:38 p.m. Oresti Dulvi, 30, of 3 North Perley Ave., Ipswich, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street near CVS. He was charged with driving under the influence of drugs, possession of a Class A substance and driving with a suspended license. Police received a report of an erratic operator on Lynn Street in a white Chevrolet SUV. The caller said the vehicle was swerving side-to-side, almost hit a tree and was crossing over the yellow line into oncoming traffic. Police stopped the white 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe in the parking lot at and arrested Dulvi.
- 8:24 p.m. Police received a report of a person being threatened with a knife on Lynnfield Street. An officer said there was a road rage incident at a red light, but no knife was shown.
- 9:30 p.m. A 23-year-old Magnolia Terrace resident was issued a summons for malicious destruction of property and possession of a Class E drug, following a domestic disturbance at his home. A female said the two argued, he got upset and punched the window on the storm door before leaving on foot. Police located the man at the corner of Villa and Surrey lanes and transported him to .
Friday, May 18
- 2:38 a.m. Kayla A. Provencher, 21, of 15 Macarthur Cir., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynn Street. She was charged with driving with a suspended license.
- 6:41 a.m. A neighbor of called to complain the mowers at the school were too loud. Police spoke to the landscaping company and said it would try to reschedule a better time.
- 8:02 a.m. A caller on Catherine Drive reported his car was egged overnight. A window was left open and egg and trash were put inside the vehicle as well.
- 11:59 a.m. Robert L. Cassidy, 83, of 36 Martinack Ave., Peabody, was arrested at his home, following a report of a domestic dispute. He was charged with domestic assault and battery and assault and battery on an elderly person.
- 12:30 p.m. A caller reported a possible abandoned white truck parked at . Police located the truck and a found a man sleeping inside. He was sent on his way.
- 1:10 p.m. A Bartholomew Street resident reported someone in a Tru Green truck threw trash out of the window. The vehicle was last seen heading toward Lynnfield Street. Officers spoke with a 29-year-old Salem, N.H. man and told him that if he did throw trash out of the truck, to discontinue the habit.
- 1:52 p.m. An 82-year-old Shore Drive resident reported that since February she had received about 100 phone calls, claiming she won the lottery. She believed the calls were a scam though and did not give any of her information out.
- 1:55 p.m. Marly A. Araujo, 31, of 50 Warren St. #501, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Forest Street and Centennial Drive. Araujo was charged with driving with a suspended license, failure to stop or yield and on a warrant from Salem District Court
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.