The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Dec. 5-7.
Wednesday, Dec. 5
- 4:14 p.m. An FBI special agent out of the Boston office reported he received a phone call from a Peabody resident who was upset over not receiving any assistance from the city for flooding and land issues. The agent said the man made verbal threats that "he will have to do what he has to do." The man gave his name, but not his address or age.
- 5:26 p.m. A caller on Veterans Memorial Drive reported a package was stolen from her home that was delivered by mail on Dec. 3. She suspected her neighbor took the package because food items that could only be purchased in Puerto Rico were in her trash.
- 7:21 p.m. A female caller on Aborn Street reported a road rage incident and that she was being followed by two males in a white Dodge Ram with Delaware license plates. The woman entered Salem and police there were notified.
- 7:41 p.m. A male caller reported he was refusing to the pay grooming fee at PETCO because the store went up on its prices and the staff was refusing to give him his dog back.
- 9:54 p.m. An employee at Macy's Men's & Furniture reported a male put on a coat from the sales floor and then walked out of the store without paying for it.
- 10:30 p.m. A caller on Lynnfield Street reported her house was egged by at least a dozen eggs.
- 10:55 p.m. A caller on Norfolk Avenue reported his girlfriend stole his car and was en route with it to her home on Route 1. The vehicle -- a black Volvo station wagon -- was recovered on Goodale Terrace and the 42-year-old Peabody woman in question was issued a court summons for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and two counts of malicious destruction of property over $250.
Thursday, Dec. 6
- 1:12 a.m. A caller reported a water main break on Ellsworth Road.
- 9 a.m. Report of a water main break on Lowell Street at Apple Hill Road.
- 10:38 a.m. A child was transported to North Shore Children's Hospital after suffering a knee injury in the gym at Higgins Middle School.
- 12:42 p.m. Two drivers were transported to the hospital after a two-car accident at the corner of King and Lowell streets.
- 1 p.m. A caller reports a suspicious van was in the area of Murdock Drive. The van was blue with two occupants. Police said they were just looking for an earring on the street.
- 1:57 p.m. Joseph A. Arone, 34, of 39G Garden Rd., Peabody, was arrested at his apartment for domestic assault and battery and malicious destruction of property under $250.
- 2:11 p.m. One driver in a two-car accident on Lowell Street was transported to North Shore Children's Hospital.
- 2:57 p.m. A caller reported his female Muscovy duck was missing from the area of Tracey Street. He described the duck as "large and mostly brown with red bumps on her face."
- 3:02 p.m. Michael A. Nazzaro, 31, of 18 Lindauer St., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the Northshore Mall. He was charged with possession with intent to distribute a Class B drug.
- 3:26 p.m. Jason M. Encarnacao, 29, of 15 Sunset Dr., Peabody, was arrested at his home for domestic assault and battery, following a report of a domestic incident.
- 3:44 p.m. Report of a possible water main break at the corner of Ellsworth Road and Emerson Street.
- 4:46 p.m. The manager on duty at Barnes & Noble reported a past theft. She said on Nov. 30, between 7:30 and 8:30 p.m., $2,800 in children's electronics was stolen from the store.
- 5:05 p.m. A 19-year-old Peabody male was issued a court summons for domestic assault and battery and malicious destruction of property over $250 after a female at the Richdale Convenience Store on Washington Street reported she was assaulted by her boyfriend.
- 5:43 p.m. Report of a possible water main break at the corner of Herrick Road and Lowell Street.
- 10:53 p.m. A Warren Street resident reported a black 2011 Toyota Corolla with Massachusetts license plates was stolen.
Friday, Dec. 7
- 12:15 a.m. Timothy M. Crane, 19, of 391 Cedarbrook Rd., Lynn, was arrested on a temporary warrant after turning himself in at the police station.
- 5:13 a.m. State police reported a car fire on Route 128 North at the split with I-95 North. The Fire Department responded to the scene. See related story.
- 7:44 a.m. A Warren Street resident reported her Toyota Corolla, which she had reported stolen the night before, was returned to her along with a $100 bill.
- 10:21 a.m. A caller on Endicott Street reported multiple landscaping tools were stolen.
- 11:45 a.m. A caller requested an officer respond for an employee theft issue regarding credit card fraud at Precision Time, located at the Northshore Mall. An officer said he would follow up with the store on Monday -- two employees are believed to be involved, but the officer could not locate a victim at that time.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.