The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from March 11-13.
Monday, March 11
- 4:37 p.m. Report of a tree branch on the sidewalk on Central Street. DPS was notified.
- 6:10 p.m. A caller reported her wallet was stolen while she was shopping at The Children's Place at the Northshore Mall. She said she already cancelled her credit cards that were in the wallet.
- 6:36 p.m. A caller reported his son was approached by a strange male at Sunshine Laundry on Foster Street. An officer located the man and sent him on his way.
- 7:36 p.m. Brian P. Newman, 46, of 14 Collins St. #22, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a domestic disturbance at his apartment. He was charged on a warrant.
Tuesday, March 12
- 4:55 a.m. Report of a federal officer who was locked out of his car in front of the Golden Banana.
- 5:18 a.m. Report of an 85-year-old male resident who overdosed on medication at Brooksby Village. He was transported to Lynn Union Hospital.
- 10:19 a.m. A caller reported receiving threats from a telemarketer. An officer said there were no threatening phone calls made, a resident at Brooksby Village was just upset with the telemarketer continuing to call.
- 11:46 a.m. A caller reported house on Goodale Street had all its windows steamed up. She was concerned the house might be vacant and that damage could be occurring inside the house. An officer said he believed the steam was due to outside condensation. The home appeared to be in order otherwise.
- 1:06 p.m. An officer reported a past hit-and-run at Foster St. Motors. A vehicle for sale was struck by an unknown vehicle while it was parked at the dealer's lot.
- 1:11 p.m. Report of a car striking a building at 111 Foster St. Police said the car was driven by a Lynn resident. The property was checked out by the building inspector. There were no injuries or tows.
- 1:19 p.m. Luciano Fernandes, 36, of 4 Sprague St. #1, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Tremont and Tracey streets. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. Officer Mark Saia initially only gave Fernandes a court summons on the charge, but then took him into custody after he gave Saia several different dates of birth.
- 3:47 p.m. Nashaly O. Santana, 19, of 30 Caldwell Crescent, Lynn, and Nelsa Hernendez, 17, of 12 Pope St. #109, Lynn, were both arrested on charges of shoplifting, following an incident at JC Penney.
- 4:51 p.m. Teodoso A. Tejeda, 44, of 64 Palmer St. #2, Salem, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lynn Street and Veterans Memorial Drive. He was charged with driving with a revoked license and not having a valid inspection sticker.
- 7:13 p.m. Report of a pole with a transformer on fire at the corner of St. Ann's Avenue and Griffin Road. Police said the power to one home was out and a neighbor, who happend to be a light plant employee, notified PMLP and a rew was en route.
- 9:45 p.m. A caller at Brooksby Village reported a stolen purse containing keys and credit cards.
- 11:42 p.m. A male resident reported someone stole his identity and used it to open a credit card account in his name.
Wednesday, March 13
- 2:45 a.m. Daniel Luz, 35, of 211 Lynn St., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of someone trespassing in the backyard of a Tanners Court residence. He was charged with trespassing.
- 9 a.m. Police and firefighters conducted a mock lockdown at St. John the Baptist School.
- 9:24 a.m. A caller on Northfield Road reported two packages were stolen from his front porch after they were delivered by UPS.
- 9:46 a.m. Report of a stolen car. The vehicle was towed by the state police earlier that morning from Route 128 in Lynnfield over to Four Star Towing on Lowell Street. Police attempted to notify the owner of the car and said the person hung up on an officer.
- 11:36 a .m. A caller at Workout World reported some property was stolen.
- 1:59 p.m. A caller reported a deer ran into the side of a van on Lynnfield Street near the YMCA.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.