Monday, Jan. 27
- 2:22 p.m. A caller reported a suspicious male was walking door-to-door on Cleveland Road. Police said it was just the oil man.
- 2:31 p.m. A caller reported she struck a silver truck on Lowell Street and it left the area. The caller's vehicle was towed from the scene.
- 2:41 p.m. A caller on Lowell Street reported erratic operation of a school bus. Police checked the area, but didn't find the bus.
- 2:59 p.m. An officer reported issuing 25 citations for loading zone and parking meter violations on Main Street.
- 4:30 p.m. A Christina Drive resident reported someone activated four lines on her Verizon Wireless account without her knowledge in November.
- 4:49 p.m. A Caller Street resident reported her son was just punched in the face by three black males in their early 30s. The suspects left the area in a gray pickup truck with orange or red lights on top and headed toward Walnut Street. The victim also left the area with a friend. The mother was advised to have her son called the station to file a report.
- 5:27 p.m. A caller reported her ex-boyfriend assaulted her at a home on Ellsworth Road and took her car keys and cigarettes. Police then obtained a temporary warrant for a 33-year-old Epping, N.H. man on charges of assault and battery and larceny of drugs.
- 6:29 p.m. An employee at Shining Star Piercing on Central Street reported a male entered a car parked in a driveway and then fled after he was confronted. He said the man, who was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a black jacket, ran up street toward Wilson Square. A purse containing a license, Green card and bank card was stolen.
- 9:49 p.m. A caller reported a car break-in at Latitudes Sports Club. The rear driver's side window was smashed and a pair of sneakers and a laptop computer were stolen.
- 10:03 p.m. Orlando A. Conforti, 45, of 27 Harrison Ave., Peabody, was arrested after a domestic incident at his home. He was charged with assault and battery.
- 10:27 p.m. Report of a water main break at the corner of Samoset and Sachem roads.
Tuesday, Jan. 28
- 11:18 a.m. An employee at the Sunoco gas station on Route 1 reported there was a homeless person inside the station. A 48-year-old man was then placed into protective custody and transported to the hospital from the police station.
- 11:19 a.m. A caller reported suspicious activity -- possibly drugs -- inside a vehicle on Lowell Street. Police subsequently arrested Zachary Dulong, 28, of 135 Bridge St. #1, Beverly, on charges of driving under the influence of drugs and possession of a class A drug. The vehicle was towed from the scene. Class A substances include heroin, morphine, codeine and ketamine.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on this log.