The following excerpts are from reports in the press log from March 22-23.
Thursday, March 22
- 2:10 p.m. John Furey, 28, of 334 Walnut St., Lynn, was arrested, following a report of a shoplifter fleeing store security at . Furey was charged with larceny over $250, receiving stolen property over $250, trespassing, giving a false name to a police officer and on a warrant for another larceny charge.
- 2:33 p.m. Kristen E. Grover, 30, of 84 Marianna St. #2, Lynn, was arrested on a warrant out of Lynn District Court.
- 5:03 p.m. Report of a man who fell out of a tree at the corner of Livingston and Willowbrae drives and hit his head. The man was bleeding from his head and was taken to Mass. General Hospital in Boston. The man may have been standing on a ladder. No further details were available.
- 6:12 p.m. A Smidt Avenue resident reported a grill was stolen from his home. Police said the grill was missing for about two weeks.
- 6:45 p.m. Christopher Hunt, 22, of 180A Liberty St., Middleton, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynn Street. He was charged with driving with a suspended license, defective equipment and no valid inspection sticker.
- 7 p.m. A caller on Bartholomew Terrace reported a fire in his neighbor's yard. The Fire Department responded and doused what turned out to be a "very minor" mulch fire.
- 9:18 p.m. Edward P. Morando, 29, of 103 Birch St., Peabody, was arrested at his residence, following a report of a domestic disturbance. He was charged with domestic assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (a granite counter top). No further details were available.
- 9:39 p.m. Michael J. Pecora, 29, of 420 Saratoga St., East Boston, was arrested, following a report of a domestic disturbance at . He was charged on two outstanding warrants from other departments on charges of assault and theft.
- 11:18 p.m. A caller reported her purse was stolen while she was shopping at the TJ Maxx on Route 114. Her credit cards were then accessed within 30 minutes later to make more than $10,000 in purchases.
Friday, March 23
- 1:08 a.m. A caller reported a person had possibly passed out in a car on Mill Street. Police said all was in order, the driver had just pulled over to send a text message.
- 1:28 a.m. Nicholas S. Vozzella, 34, of 69 Pierce St., Malden, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense) and with a suspended registration.
- 1:42 a.m. Brandon L. Cauley, 26, of 22 Dalton Ct., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a domestic disturbance at the residence. He was charged with domestic assault and battery and leaving the scene of a car accident with property damage. Police received a call from a female who said Cauley took off in her car, a black Toyota Corolla. She said he was possibly headed to Beverly and Beverly police were notified. Another car was also struck in the driveway by the Corolla. Cauley was later taken into custody by a Peabody officer.
- 10:38 a.m. A caller at a Munroe Court apartment reported some prescription medications were stolen.
- 12:10 p.m. An employee at reported that a customer was moving chairs to sit in the handicap parking spots. The customer became beligerent when spoken to about the situation. An officer spoke to the customer and he was convinced to discontinue his behavior.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.