Today is Thursday, Sept. 13. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Lt. Gov. Tim Murray will be paying a visit this afternoon (3:15 p.m.) to tour the , particularly the vocational programs. Murray undertakes such tours as part of his role as chairman of the governor’s STEM Advisory Council (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) and a personal commitment to visit every vocational-technical school in the state.
- Murray will then join Mayor Ted Bettencourt and public safety officials at at 4 p.m. to of young Patrick Canney, Saturday after his father suffered a sudden seizure.
- In case you missed it yesterday, you can find in which Peabody firefighter James Rice was honored.
- in Peabody. The second round starts Sunday.
- Want to get Peabody Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for one of our newsletters then, which will deliver you with the latest headlines daily or weekly. You can also sign up to receive breaking news alerts and other important information.