Today is Thursday, Oct. 4. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Today's weather: Chance of showers this morning and afternoon, areas of fog, but otherwise cloudy with a high near 63 degrees.
- The city will be paving Aborn Street Friday. No parking will be allowed on-street between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. Motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes.
- New running program for teens and adults: The Peabody Recreation Department has added a new program from Oct. 9 - Nov. 29 with Coach Mark Dawson for a clinic that will focus on training for events from 5Ks to half marathons. There will be mix of running workouts -- every run starts with an easy group pace before splitting into groups appropriate for your level. The group will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m. at Symphony Park. Participants will receive customized, weekly work out plans and will have access to email correspondence with Coach Mark. The cost is $40 for residents and $50 for non-residents.
- Columbus Day: City Hall and all three public library branches will be closed on Monday in observance of Columbus Day. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday.
- Want more out of Peabody Patch? You can share your news with the rest of the community --click here to add an announcement, add your events to our events calendar, click here to sign up for breaking news updates, follow us on Facebook or Twitter for up-to-the-minute news, and share your thoughts on your community in a blog -- click here to get started.