Today is Wednesday, Oct. 24. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Debate: High school juniors and seniors over at Covenant Christian Academy will face-off in an election debate this afternoon in the school chapel (2 p.m.). The juniors will represent the Democratic party and the seniors the Republicans. They'll cover the hotly contested races -- Tisei challenging Tierney, Warren challenging Brown, and of course, Romney challenging Obama. Stay tuned for more coverage from today's debate.
- Free playgroups: The Family Engagement Center at the Kiley School offers free playgroups for parents and kids every Wednesday. Check it out.
- Dedication of Barbuto Memorial Garden: School and city officials will dedicate a garden in memory of Christine Barbuto Thursday at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School. The ceremony is at 2:30 p.m. with a reception to follow in the Melting Pot. Barbuto died aboard American Airlines Flight 11, which crashed into the Twin Towers on Sept. 11, 2001. She graduated from PVMHS in 1986. The garden project has been underway for several months and will be located in a courtyard adjacent to the school auditorium.
- Open house: The Peabody Cultural Collaborative is holding an open house tomorrow from 5-7 p.m. at the ArcWorks Community Art Center.
- Foliage photos: Do you have any cool foliage photos from around town? Add them to our gallery.