Today is Monday, Nov. 12. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Since Sunday was actually Veterans Day, it is observed today and that means no school. City Hall, public libraries and other public offices are also closed today.
- Trash and recycling pickups are delayed by one day this week.
- If you're a veteran, check out these deals for this weekend around the Peabody area -- some of them last through today as well.
- Would you like to adopt a window? The Peabody Institute Library Foundation is running an Adopt-a-Window program. For a $500 contribution, each donor receives a personalized nameplate below one of the historic windows in the library’s newly restored main lobby. At the end of the year, the nameplate is moved to a permanent donor board in the library. Proceeds benefit the Peabody Institute Library. Application forms are available in the library director’s office or on the foundation’s website. For more information call Martha Holden at 978-531-0100 ext. 16.
- Stage One, the drama club of PVMHS, presents "Noises Off," a British farce, from Nov. 16-17 (shows at 7 p.m.). The play presents a traveling acting troop rehearsing and performing a flop called "Nothing On." As the play unfolds, so too does backstage intrigue as the characters' personal lives begin to affect their onstage performances. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the door, or reserved in advance. Contact Richard Carey at 978-536-4573 or Casey Roland at firstname.lastname@example.org.