Today is Wednesday, Feb. 6. Here are five things to know today in Peabody all about the Recreation Department's programs for February Vacation Week. Registrations are now being accepted.
- Open Gyms at the McCarthy School and Brown School. Programs run Feb. 19-22 from 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Kids can join in the fun with games, sports and arts and crafts. There's also a field trip to “Pump it Up” on Feb. 21.
- American Girl Workshop for ages 5-10 on Feb. 19 from 1-4 p.m. Transport yourself and your American Girl doll (or any special doll) to an Island Getaway for the day.
- LEGO Avengers -- Avengers assemble! Or is that kids ages 5-10 on Feb. 19 from 9 a.m. to noon? There are some new super hero minifigures -- Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor and Captain America -- to set the stage for an action-packed LEGO adventure. Everyone will get to take home a framed photo of themselves with their LEGO Avenger creation.
- Introduction to Babysitting for ages 12-15 on Feb 20 from 9:30 a.m. to noon. This 101 course talks a lot about safety through prevention in such areas as personal safety, preventing accidents, basic First Aid, handling emergencies, choking, poisoning, infant and childcare.
- Cross Country Ski and Snowshoe Lodge Trip for ages 12-15 is heading to Bretton Woods for the week, Feb. 19-22. No experience is necessary and all necessary clothing and equipment will be provided.
You can register online for all these programs or in person at the Peabody Recreation Department, located at 50 Farm Ave. You can also check out the winter brochure for more details.