Today is Thursday, Jan. 24. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- The temperature may be about 18 degrees today, but with the wind chill, it feels like 12 below 0. Friday's temperatures should only be slightly warmer, although there is a chance of snow on the way tomorrow and Saturday, which should warm things up.
- The Peabody City Council will convene in regular session tonight (7:30 p.m.) in Wiggin Auditorium at City Hall and is scheduled to finally take a vote to approve the zoning ban on marijuana facilities in the city. A Finance Committee meeting is also scheduled at 6:30 p.m.
- The Peabody High boys' indoor track team (6-0) just clinched the Northeastern Conference North title again on Monday after defeating Revere, 61-25. Revere was also unbeaten before Monday's meet. For the Tanners, Christian Cedullo (45-yard hurdles), Chris Cennami (45-yard dash), Tom Drover (600m), Drew Fossa (1,000m), Riley Dowd (mile) and Richie Fournier (2-mile) all claimed wins.
- "The Big Picture": Peabody's Relay for Life will be hosting its annual Kick Off Celebration on Sunday, Jan. 27. The theme of this year's Kick Off is "The Big Picture." You can learn about healthy living, enter raffles, receive free giveaways, learn about the Relay, and sign up or join a team from 1-4 p.m. at Temple Beth Shalom.
- Wondering where the cheapest gas in Peabody is? According to MapQuest, it's a toss-up today between Stop & Shop and Gaeta's at $3.38 per gallon for regular unleaded.