Today is Monday, Dec. 24. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Holiday hours: All three branches of the Peabody Institute Library will be open from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Christmas Eve and closed on Christmas. The library will be open normal hours Dec. 26.
- Done with your Christmas shopping yet? If you're planning to hit up the Northshore Mall still, it's only open until 6 p.m. tonight.
- The PVMHS Performing Arts Department is selling lottery calendars. With the purchase of one calendar, you get 31 chances to win cash prizes and free tickets to Performing Arts events throughout the month of January. Calendars are just $10 and make great holiday gifts. For more information, or to purchase a calendar, contact Jeanne Carnevale at email@example.com by Monday, Dec. 31.
- Christmas at the Haven: The city's food pantry is serving up Christmas Dinner for free for anyone in need of a meal tomorrow at noon and there will be presents and Santa as well.
- Connecticut College tells us that sophomore Emily LaRochelle of Peabody performed in the college Dance Department's Fall Concert entitled "Title Goes Here," earlier this month. The concert featured more than 40 dancers performing choreographed works by Connecticut College dance professors Shani Collins-Achille, David Dorfman, Heidi Henderson, Lisa Race, Susan Connelly and Adele Myers and student-choreographed work. LaRochelle is a 2011 graduate of Bishop Fenwick High School and is the daughter of Mark and Janet LaRochelle of Peabody.