- 'United We Stand': The free patriotic show by the We Are America performers is Friday night (7 p.m.) at City Hall and will kick off this year's International Festival celebration.
- And then on Saturday morning, the 12th Annual International Race for Research put on the Progeria Research Foundation takes to the city streets. Pre-registration closes on Friday at 10 a.m., but you can still register the day of, starting at 8 a.m. in front of City Hall.
- In other news, Louie's Lix on Lynn Street has new hours. The ice cream shop is open Monday - Friday from 2-9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from noon - 9 p.m.
- Peabody Access Telecommunications unveiled its new online look a couple weeks ago. Check out the new website if you haven't seen it yet at www.peabodytv.com.
- Now that the unofficial end to summer is past, the Main Branch of the Peabody Institute Library is back to its fall hours -- Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Children's Room is open until 8 p.m.); Friday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Sunday, 1-5 p.m. The South and West branch hours are 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. on Tuesday, noon - 9 p.m. on Thursday and 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. on Saturday. Both branches are closed Friday and Sunday.