- Peabody's World War II veterans are invited to breakfast with Peabody Veterans Memorial High School students on Friday. The Interact Club (or Junior Rotary) will host a pancake breakfast for the veterans in the high school cafeteria at 8 a.m. Students will serve breakfast as well as interview veterans about their experiences during World War II.
- The School Committee meets for its regular session Tuesday at the Kiley School. The board will be briefed by the Student Advisory Council to start off the meeting, which means it starts at 7 p.m. instead of 7:30 p.m.
- There's also a Teen Poetry Slam in the Sutton Room at the Main Branch Library Tuesday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. To compete in the slam, each teen poet (ages 13-18) comes prepared to perform two of his or her own original poems. Each poet has three minutes to read the poem. Five judges will score each performance. Stop in to watch.
- Don't forget Wednesday is an early release day for the Peabody Public Schools. Students will be dismissed at 12:09 p.m. at the high school, 12:45 p.m. at the middle school and 1:25 p.m. for all elementary schools while teachers spend the rest of the day on professional development.
- The date of the City Council's annual tax classification hearing was postponed to Thursday of this week. The hearing will be at 6 p.m. in Wiggin Auditorium. You can find more information here on what to expect.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.