- Do you know who Civil War Gen. Grenville Dodge was and what connection he has to Peabody? Well, he was originally from present-day Peabody (formerly South Danvers). Tag along Wednesday (3 p.m.) for a downtown history walk led by local historian Bill Power to find out more. There will also be a commemorative plaque dedicated to Dodge during the walk, and it's free to attend.
- The Painter's Pub is back at the ArcWorks Community Art Center Wednesday evening. The paint and sip program is sponsored by the Peabody Cultural Collaborative.
- A Peabody High exchange student from Sweden needs a home for three weeks in October. Find more details here.
- The next citywide meeting of the Peabody Democratic City Committee is Wednesday (6:30 p.m.) at the Ancient Order of Hibernians Hall.
- The ALS Association of Massachusetts is starting up a Peabody support group, which will be holding its first meeting at the Torigian Center Thursday afternoon.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.