- The Licensing Board will meet Monday at 6:30 p.m. in the basement conference room at City Hall. The main item on the agenda is a new public hearing for Oliveira's Steak House. The board is holding a formal disciplinary hearing on alleged violations this past fall, following a recent court ruling that halted the board's initial disciplinary action in the matter.
- The weather: There should be some rain this week along with sun and warmer temperatures, ranging from high 30s to high 40s. The only snow so far looks to be a slight chance on Saturday for snow showers.
- The School Committee meets on Tuesday at the Kiley School (7:30 p.m.). An executive session to discuss a personnel matter is scheduled at 7 p.m. and may delay the start of the regular meeting.
- If you're thinking about enrolling at North Shore Community College this year, you can get a jumpstart on the process by taking advantage of a free on-the-spot admission event Tuesday afternoon at the Danvers campus. Classes start Jan. 21.
- J Babies: There's a parent and infant support group that meets on Wednesdays (11:30 a.m.) at the North Suburban Jewish Community Center.
- The Peabody Health Department is offering another free flu shot clinic at City Hall Thursday (3-5 p.m.). No appointments are necessary.
- The Curley Law Firm will be at the Peabody House Thursday to talk about the importance of assigning power of attorney documents for personal protection.
- St. John's Prep hosts its annual Empty Bowls Dinner Party Thursday (6 p.m.) to benefit Haven from Hunger. Come purchase a custom made bowl, fill it with tasty soup and support a local food pantry.
- Peabody residents get free admission to the Phillips House in Salem this Sunday.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.