- Senior CharlieCard Day is Monday at the Torigian Center. State Sen. Joan Lovely is hosting the event for local seniors to stop by, starting at 9 a.m., to register for reduced fares on the MBTA.
- Primary Day is Tuesday in Ward 3. Tom Serino, Bill Toomey and Jim Moutsoulas are running for the seat on the City Council. The two highest vote-getters will advance to the general election in November. The polls will be open 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Tuesday at all three precincts in the ward. Precincts 1 and 2 are located at Our Lady of Fatima Church, 50 Walsh Ave. and Precinct 3 is at the Wilson Terrace Community Hall, 15A Wilson Ter. You can also apply for an absentee ballot up until noon on Monday. Call the City Clerk's office for more information.
- Free demo: There's a free demonstration of cardio kickboxing at D&A Fitness and Martial Arts on Wednesday.
- Sign up for Girl Scouts this fall at Brooksby Farm on Saturday morning. The information part of the event is free, but there is a $5 fee for some extra activities.
- Want to learn more about solar power in your home? The Second Congregational Church over on Maple Street is hosting a free community event Saturday afternoon. Stop down to learn more about solar energy and possible systems in the home. There will also food and a demonstration.
- The new fall season for NFL Flag in Peabody, a non-contact co-ed league for ages 5-14, is starting up on Saturdays at Higgins Middle School with a pre-season game this weekend.
- Lifoam Industries is holding a styrofoam recycling event Saturday at its facility on Fifth Street. More details here on what to bring and what not to bring.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something