- Don't forget, you can leave your leaves and yard waste at the curb this week on your regular trash day for free pickup.
- Ready for some swingin' jazz at the Peabody Institute Library Monday? Neha and Evan perform as part of the fall concert series.
- Back at the Sutton Room on Tuesday evening, Peabody teens show off their talents in a teen poetry slam.
- The Boo Bash at the Northshore Mall is scheduled for Tuesday, starting at 4:30 p.m. in the Nordstrom wing of the mall.
- Also on Tuesday, it's a Nightmare on Main Street -- trick or treating at downtown businesses starts at 5:30 p.m.
- Halloween itself is on Thursday and there aren't any official hours in Peabody for when to go knocking on doors, but police do recommend parents head out with their kids between 5 and 8 p.m.
- It's Customer Appreciation Day at Louie's Lix on Lynn Street. You can stop by between noon and 8 p.m. for a free ice cream.
- And on Saturday, stop by City Hall for a free showing of the HBO film "Life According to Sam." Seating is limited, so reservations are encouraged.
- Also on Sunday, it's the ninth annual Apple Pie Baking Contest up at Brooksby Farm. Check out the official rules here.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.