Are You Having Trouble Finding a Copy of Your Prior Tax Return?

Prior Year Tax Return

It is tax time and you are all ready to go get your refunds except for one minor problem…you cannot find your return from the prior year. No need to panic, there are a few different methods to obtain a copy of this return:

1) You can obtain a copy of your transcript directly from the IRS by mail, phone, or online. The transcript will show most of the line items on your tax return. You can call 800-908-9946 to order a copy of the transcript. You can also complete and mail Form 4506T-EZ. The third option is by visiting IRS. gov and click on “Order a Transcript”.

2) You can get an actual copy of your return for a fee of $57 for each copy. Generally you can get returns as far back as six years. To obtain this copy visit IRS.gov and complete Form 4506 and mail it to the IRS.

Please consult your personal tax advisor on all the above information and “Like” us on Facebook for your chance to win gift certificates to great local restaurants, www.facebook.com/veseyandcompany.

This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »