The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from June 16-17.
Sunday, June 16
- 4:37 p.m. A passing bicyclist near the city bikeway at Peabody Road reported she heard a female screaming in the area. Police checked the area, but did not find anything amiss.
- 6:54 p.m. A male was transported to Lahey Clinic from Toscana's Ristorante after he fell off a barstool and had an open head injury.
- 7:44 p.m. Report of a child driving a car at the Peabody Place Plaza (300 Andover St.). Police spoke to an adult inside the vehicle and they said she would cease the activity.
- 7:54 p.m. Police recovered a hypodermic needle at the Hannaford plaza.
- 8:41 p.m. A fire hydrant was hit at the corner of Pulaski Street and Dobbs Road.
- 10:35 p.m. Report of youths in a dark vehicle with no license plates who placed fireworks in a rabbit's mouth and then lit the fireworks. An officer located the vehicles and spoke with all the parties involved. No enforcement action was taken.
Monday, June 17
- 7:18 a.m. A caller reported a traffic hazzard on Lynn Street. A cat was struck by a car and the person who hit the feline was no longer at the scene. The owner arrived to take the cat to the animal hospital.
- 9:16 a.m. Complaint of a man parked in a handicap parking space who refused to show his handicap sticker or placard. An officer arrived at the scene but couldn't locate the person.
- 9:23 a.m. Damon C. Emmons, 21, of 7 Fortesque Ter. #2, Lynn, was arrested by Peabody officers at his residence on a warrant from Peabody. The charges included multiple counts of breaking and entering to motor vehicles, credit card theft, malicious damage to vehicles and other acts of larceny.
- 10:40 a.m. Report of a sinkhole on Anita Road.
- 11:56 a.m. Lynnfield police reported an unknown person dropped off a suspicious-looking bag on Catherine Drive near the Middleton town line. An officer checked the area and was able to locate a bag containing an unopened bottle of wine and a beer. The officer said he would dispose of the items.
- 1:12 p.m. Report of a past assault at Higgins Middle School.
- 1:33 p.m. A Blaney Avenue resident reported a past larceny.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.