The results are in from last week's student election debate at Covenant Christian Academy, courtesy of history teacher Warren Wegrzyn.
"CCA's juniors and seniors engaged in a strong dialogue about the pressing issues [in] this election! When scored on the quality of their arguments, the juniors, representing the Democratic Party, beat out the Republicans; however, the feeling in the room as represented on the exit poll strongly favored the Republican side. It was a great event and the discussions have continued to echo in the hallways. Congratulate a debater next time you see one!"
Here's the breakdown by race:
- Score: Tierney 86 / Tisei 76
- Winner: Tierney
- Exit Poll: Tierney 38% / Tisei 62%
- Score: Brown 112 / Warren 92
- Winner: Brown
- Exit Poll: Brown 67% / Warren 33%
- Score: Obama 129 / Romney 119
- Winner: Obama
- Exit Poll: Obama 37% / Romney 63%