The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct. 16-17.
Tuesday, Oct. 16
- 3:58 p.m. Police responded to a two-car accident at the corner of Warren and Endicott streets. An 18-year-old Salem male who was driving a Toyota Corolla was transported to Salem Hospital and cited for a stop sign violation. The other driver -- a 43-year-old Peabody man in a Nissan Pathfinder -- told police later he would go to Lahey Clinic for medical attention. Both vehicles were towed.
- 4:42 p.m. A caller reported there was a shovel in the roadway on Route 1.
- 5:10 p.m. A caller reported a large group of teens were hanging around the pumping station at Spring Pond and possibly drinking alcohol. Police said the area was clear of teens.
- 5:54 p.m. The Fire Department doused a small brush fire in the field next to Rousselot on Washington Street.
- 9:46 p.m. A caller on Walnut Street near Central Bakery reported finding a dead seagull. DPS was notified to come pick it up.
- 10:35 p.m. George S. Plante, 33, of 31 Pierpont St. #5, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Foster Street. He was charged with distribution of a Class D drug (marijuana).
Wednesday, Oct. 17
- 9:02 a.m. A caller on Intervale Avenue reported a suspicious male was going from house-to-house, offering to cut people's lawns. The caller said the man was in his early 20s, dressed in a black shirt and shorts and running across lawns to knock on doors.
- 11:11 a.m. A caller at the Ancient Order of Hibernians Hall reported someone stole the snowblower.
- 1:15 p.m. A 33-year-old Lynn man was transported to Mass. General Hospital in Boston after falling off the roof of a home on Emerson Avenue where he was working.
- 1:30 p.m. Police pulled over a vehicle on Lynn Street and cited the driver for texting while driving and a marked lanes violation.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.