The following are excerpts from arrest reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Sept. 17-18.
Monday, Sept. 17
- 2:15 p.m. A 22-year-old Peabody man who lives on Pine Street was issued a court summons for assault with a dangerous weapon, following a report of an assault that took place at his home. A female told police she went to the home to collect a debt from the man, but instead he pulled a knife on her and her friends. She said it was a box cutter type knife. The initial report did not say whether the female collected on the debt or if anyone was injured in the incident. An officer did speak directly with the person and she did not wish to pursue the matter any further.
- 3:41 p.m. An officer reported spotting a suspicious motor vehicle parked at the Northshore Mall. He said the vehicle in question matched the description of one used by a group of individuals known to be involved in larcenies.
- 3:59 p.m. Police made a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lowell and Lake streets. The driver was issued a citation for driving on the sidewalk, a one-way street violation and for a revoked registration.
- 8 p.m. A woman reported she paid $150 online to buy a puppy before discovering it was a scam.
- 8:33 p.m. A caller reported a male in a black pickup truck with New Hampshire license plates pulled in at the Stop & Shop gas station. The male was staggering around outside and dumped beer bottles out of the truck. The caller said the person then got back inside the truck and left, taking a right onto Main Street. Police checked the area, but did not find the truck.
- 9:03 p.m. A caller reported a male wearing a red shirt and tan pants was walking north on the southbound side of Route 128 by Exit 26. State police were notified. An officer spoke to the man who said he was walking to work at the Northshore Mall. He was picked up by a friend.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
- 4:51 a.m. A caller reported a truck was idling in the parking lot at the Roadhouse Pub. Police said there was a crew getting ready to paint lines on Pulaski Street at 7 a.m. The paint trailer was moved to the rear of 58 Pulaski St. until that time to help keep the noise down.
- 7:15 a.m. A caller at Homewood Suites Hotel reported his car was broken into. A side door was damaged and a backpack was stolen.
- 7:45 a.m. Carlos Rodrigues, 30, of 66 Aborn St. #3, Peabody, was arrested at his apartment on a warrant. The warrant charge was for a domestic incident the day before.
- 7:58 a.m. A caller reported a brush fire at a Goodale Street home. Police said the homeowner dumped ashes in the backyard and caused a small brush fire by accident. The Fire Department doused it.
- 9:04 a.m. The owner of Diamond Auto Body on Washington Street reported two televisions were dumped outside his business.
- 10:12 a.m. A caller at JRM Hauling & Recycling reported a past assault and battery that occurred on Sept. 15. No further details were available.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.