The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from June 7-9.
Friday, June 7
- 2:22 p.m. A caller reported a theft from Cedar Grove Cemetery.
- 4:19 p.m. Brian Sabogal, 29, of 29 Nancy Ave., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a domestic disturbance at his home. He was charged with two counts of domestic assault and battery and one count of intimidating a witness.
- 5:42 p.m. Police received a report of an intoxicated male who left the Emergency Room at Lahey Clinic on foot. The man was Hispanic and was wearing all black. Police said they thoroughly checked the area and the woods nearby, but were unable to find the man. Officer said they would also check the man's residence periodically.
- 7:41 p.m. A caller at the Outback Steakhouse reported someone smashed the window on her rental vehicle. Police said nothing was taken.
- 8:10 p.m. One person was taken to Salem Hospital with a neck injury after a hit-and-run car accident on Route 114 near Wilson Square. Police said the suspect vehicle was described as a green Honda Accord with heavy front-end damage and with New Hampshire license plates. The patient was a passenger in the vehicle that was hit and complained of neck pain. Peabody officers contacted New Hampshire police to check on possible addresses for the suspect, but those efforts to locate the person were unsuccessful at the time.
- 8:59 p.m. A caller on Sylvia Road reported a suspicious looking man approached his house and said he had a pizza for him. An officer located the man walking from house to house and said he had a vehicle with New Hampshire plates. The man told police he just delivered a pizza to a home on Arnold Road but couldn't name the pizza shop he worked for.
- 9:54 p.m. DPS was notified to shut down Walnut Street from Caller to the Wallis Street area due to flooding.
- 10:27 p.m. A caller on Hourihan Street said a man in a hooded jacket tried to get into a passerby's car when she slowed down to let him cross the street. Police checked the area, but the man was gone.
- 10:58 p.m. A caller on Goldberg Road reported her next-door neighbors were banging on the walls to her bedroom, disturbing her. Police spoke to the neighbor, who it turned out was killing flies. The person was asked to stop for the night.
- 11:05 p.m. A Winnegance Avenue resident reported her ex-boyfriend was calling her and making threats. A 42-year-old Lynnfield man was then issued a court summons for making threats to commit a crime.
Saturday, June 8
- 1:16 a.m. Roni Aliu, 21, of 12 Lynnfield St., Peabody, was arrested, following a car accident on Margin Street. A caller said a car -- a red 2008 Toyota Scion -- drove into a wall. Aliu was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and the car was towed from the scene.
- 5:42 a.m. A caller at the Charles Motel on Mill Street reported her husband and daughter were out of control. She said they were playing music too loud. The volume was lowered.
- 8:52 a.m. The owner at Don's Power Equipment on Route 1 reported a break-in that occurred overnight. He said two males wearing hooded sweatshirts forced their way into the greenhouse area of the property and damaged the door. He wasn't sure if anything was taken.
- 9:41 a.m. A caller on Jefferson Road reported he found a bag of syringes outside his home.
- 12:01 p.m. A caller on Heatherwood Lane reported a woman was blowing an airhorn at geese. An officer spoke to the woman and she agreed to stop blowing the horn.
- 12:17 p.m. Report of a car break-in at Cedar Pond Village.
- 3:20 p.m. A caller reported she witnessed a female and male arguing at the corner of Walnut and and Harris streets. She said she overheard the female threaten the male about a warrant and "mentioned stabbing him." There were two vehicles involved: a red truck and a silver Mercedes. The caller said the vehicles left on Harris Street headed toward Tremont Street. An officer then stopped a red pickup truck, but sent the person on his way and police were unable to locate a disturbance of any kind.
- 3:58 p.m. A caller on Birch Street reported there was a needle on the rocks in front of her house.
- 6:59 p.m. Rebecca R. Coletti, 26, of 34 Glenwood St., Lynn, was arrested, following a report of a shoplifter at Sears. She was charged with one count of shoplifting.
- 7:22 p.m. Jose F. Araujo, 48, of 14 Harris St. #1, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a domestic disturbance at his apartment. He was charged with domestic assault and battery, domestic assault and had a detainer placed on him by Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- 8:06 p.m. Salem police reported they were trying to stop a car in the area of Northend and Walnut streets. An officer reported the car turned onto Northend Street and stopped at the cemetery. Salem officers captured a suspect after a foot chase. No further details were available.
- 8:08 p.m. Report of a highly intoxicated female that crashed her car car into a jersey barrier while pulling into the parking lot at the Verizon Wireless store on Route 114. A caller said the woman then caused a scene inside the store, smashing photos. Police said the woman left without further incident and was transported to her residence by North Shore Taxi.
Sunday, June 9
- 12:16 a.m. Mall security reported someone broke into a display case at the Sunglass Hut and stole 50 pairs of sunglasses.
- 1:51 a.m. A resident at Upton Manor on Walnut Street reported she believed someone was "putting poison in her vents." She agreed to be checked out by medical staff and she was then transported by ambulance to Salem Hospital.
- 2:56 a.m. A caller reported there was a large group outside arguing at the corner of Pierpont and Aborn streets. Police said one juvenile was taken home to Washington Street and there was an argument over two stolen bicycles, one of which was recovered. The juvenile was then issued a court summons for receiving stolen property.
- 6:33 a.m. The Fire Department responded to a home on Sunset Drive after multiple calls of a house fire. A pool heater had caught on fire and the blaze was put out with a fire extinguisher.
- 12:11 p.m. A caller on the bike path along Russell Street reported he saw a lot of foam in the Ipswich River near the Middleton line. DPS and the Water Division was notified.
- 12:34 p.m. Report of a car accident on Route 128 near Route 114. State police handled the scene and said the driver of one vehicle was being transported to Salem Hospital.
- 12:52 p.m. A caller reported finding a bag of pills near the Welch School. The bag contained ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.