Sunday, Sept. 22
- 1 a.m. Report of a vehicle with a smashed window outside Capone's Restaurant.
- 3:34 a.m. A caller on Meade Street reported hearing what sounded like gunshots. Police said the noises were from the man's intoxicated stepson kicking out sections of a vinyl fence. The stepson left the area.
- 7:02 a.m. Dana A. Michaud, 21, of 12 Sprague St. #1, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a past assault at the corner of Tracey and Walnut streets. Michaud was charged with domestic assault and battery. A female was transported to Salem Hospital by ambulance.
- 7:45 a.m. An officer reported a car slid off the road near Putnam Hill Estates on Route 114 and struck a tree. No injuries were reported.
- 8:45 a.m. A caller at McIntire Court reported his unlocked car was broken into. A camera and vehicle registration were taken.
- 10:23 a.m. A caller reported a large turtle was in the parking lot at Stop & Shop. Police said the turtle "ran away into the woods."
- 2:11 p.m. A caller at the Tannery Apartments on Warren Street reported parts of his car were stolen. Police said front and rear bumper lids were taken.
- 3:32 p.m. Kenneth M. Hayes III, 22, of 35 Collins Rd., Danvers, was arrested and charged with breaking and entering for a felony, malicious destruction of property over $250, larceny over $250, two counts of domestic assault and battery and possession of a Class A drug, following an incident at a Warren Street apartment.
- 3:35 p.m. A caller at Perfect Form Training on Lowell Street reported jewelry was stolen.
- 4:22 p.m. A Lynnfield Street resident reported there was a needle and a "crack pipe" in front of her house. An officer recovered the two items and disposed of them.
- 5:38 p.m. Policer responded to a report of a hit-and-run accident with a head injury on Route 114 near Five Guys. The suspect vehicle was described as black Acura or Mazda with front-end damage and operated by a male. Police said the vehicle fled through the PETCO parking lot and later determined it was left parked there. The owner was notified and arrived at the scene, saying an unknown person had taken her car.
- 8:22 p.m. A caller reported a car break-in on Collins Street.
- 10:13 p.m. A caller reported a car break-in at Mobile Estates on Route 1. Three GPS units were stolen.
- 11:39 p.m. Ramon D. Dejesus-Guzman, 53, of 40 Child St. #2, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynn Street near Rizzo's Roast Beef. He was charged with a marked lanes violation and driving under the influence of alcohol.
Monday, Sept. 23
- 1:02 a.m. State police relayed a call about a fight with a knife at Oliveira's Steak House on Walnut Street. Officers spoke with people at the scene who said the individuals involved in the altercation had already left.
- 8:14 a.m. A caller at Travel Leather on Wallis Street reported three motors were stolen from the business.
- 8:49 a.m. Police said the windshields on five construction vehicles on Bartholomew Street were damaged over the weekend.
- 10:30 a.m. Jocelyn B. Marcotte, 34, of Wareham, was arrested, following a report of a shoplifter at The Gap store in the mall. She was charged with two counts of receiving stolen property and one count of trespassing.
- 1:09 p.m. A caller at 71 Lynn St. reported her small Russian tortoise went missing in the area on Friday.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.