The following excerpts are from reports in the press log from May 7-8.
Monday, May 7
- 2:51 p.m. A Washington Street resident reported his black and yellow Mongoose mountain bike was stolen.
- 4:24 p.m. A caller on Tanners Court reported several of her daughter's pills were stolen.
- 6:43 p.m. A caller at the reported there was a group of kids in the area and one of the juveniles might have had a BB gun. Police said it turned out to be an AirSoft rifle.
- 7:34 p.m. A caller on Washington Street reported a male was urinating her driveway. Police checked the area, but could not find anyone.
- 9:03 p.m. A caller at 535 Lowell St. reported 10 traffic cones were stolen from the job site sometime during the day.
- 9:07 p.m. Police said a 39-year-old man driving a brown 2000 Mercury Sable through parking lots in the area was pulled over at the end of Dearborn Road on Route 1. Police confiscated drugs from the man. No further details were available.
- 11:13 p.m. An officer reported a truck piled with metal was coming out of and then went down Second Street. The officer spoke to the individuals and told them to return the metal. He then followed them to Farm Avenue across from the city garage. The officer said it appeared there was a metal fence being installed on the lot.
Tuesday, May 8
- 12:20 a.m. A caller at the reported a dishwasher was about to catch fire. Police said the dishwasher overheated and was shutdown.
- 6:51 a.m. A caller reported there was a dead deer in the median on Route 128 South between the Route 114 and Lowell Street exits. MassHighway was notified to remove the animal.
- 9:18 a.m. Roberto Vasquez, 25, of 8 Park Rd., Lynn, was arrested at a Central Street apartment on two outstanding warrants from Salem District Court. Police assisted Lynn probation officers in serving the warrants. The charges were for multiple counts of assault and battery, assault with a dangerous weapon, armed robbery and armed assault in a dwelling.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.