Tuesday, Sept. 10
- 3:15 p.m. The manager at the AT&T store in the Northshore Mall reported a $500 cell phone was stolen.
- 3:19 p.m. An officer reported citing a motorcyclist for not wearing a helmet. The bike was left on the side of the road at the corner of Lowell and Summit streets until the operator returned with a helmet.
- 4:16 p.m. A female caller reported her boyfriend drilled inter head with a drilll gun and she was bleeding. She went outside and was then locked out of the home and worried her boyfriend was going to inflict injuries to himself with a screwdriver. She then told police didn't want any help and hung up the phone. Police said the call actually came from Danvers, not Peabody and notified Danvers police.
- 5:09 p.m. A caller on Smidt Avenue reported her son's bicycle was stolen.
- 6:26 p.m. A female caller reported a female was videotaping her family on Ruth Avenue so she got in her car and cornered the person at the intersection. Police said it turned out that the works for a bank as a property inspector. The home was being foreclosed upon and she was just taking photos of the house.
- 10 p.m. Matthew Guy, 24, of 5 Pleasant St. #2, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a fight on Holten Street with weapons possibly involved. A caller said a taxi was involved in the incident and gave police the suspect's address on Pleasant Street. Guy was charged with domestic assault and battery and assault with a dangerous weapon.
Wednesday, Sept. 11
- 8:03 a.m. Police held a 9/11 tribute at the city's memorial park on Grandview Avenue.
- 9:03 a.m. The Fire Department held a 9/11 tribute at Fire Headquarters.
- 9:59 a.m. Report of a motor vehicle that hit the building at Evans Flowers on Warren Street. Police said there were no injuries. The vehicle struck the building near a hose output. The building inspector was notified to respond to the scene.
- 12:27 p.m. A 41-year-old Salem woman was issued a court summons for intimidating a witness, following a report of harassment at Peabody District Court.
- 1:26 p.m. A caller at Burtons Grill reported a past assault. An officer informed the man how he could press charges through Peabody District Court.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.