The following are excerpts from arrest reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Sept. 28-30.
Friday, Sept. 28
- 2:39 p.m. A caller at World Class Billiards reported his iPhone was stolen.
- 3:10 p.m. A caller on McKinley Road reported her lawn mower was stolen from her garage. She said it was left open the day before.
- 3:35 p.m. A female walked into the station to report her boyfriend took her car without permission and refused to return it. The car was reported as stolen.
- 5:13 p.m. Police responded to a two-car accident on Centennial Drive. One vehicle struck a guardrail, but their were no injuries.
- 8:11 p.m. A caller on Bartholomew Street reported some of his wife's jewelry was missing and was possibly stolen. Police said the items had actually been missing over the past nine months.
Saturday, Sept. 29
- 12:09 a.m. One male was transported to Salem Hospital following a report of a fight on Dennis Street. Police said no witnesses were available.
- 12:17 a.m. A 46-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons for domestic assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, following an incident on County Street. Police received a report of an "assault by 40 oz. beer."
- 12:52 a.m. Police said a dog was hit in the road at the intersection of Lynnfield and Washington streets. Police said the dog ran out in front of the vehicle.
- 6:27 a.m. The Fire Department extinguished a one-alarm apartment fire on Garden Road at Terrace Estates. See related story.
- 6:49 a.m. A 43-year-old Lynn resident was transported to Lahey Clinic after a car accident on Cross Street. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
- 9:24 a.m. David W. Claffey, 30, of 52 Endicott St., Peabody, was arrested at his home on an active warrant from another department and also served with a restraining order.
- 11:31 a.m. Isabel M. Sampaio-Medeiros, 46, of 28 Tremont St., Salem, was arrested for shoplifting at Sears and also charged on five outstanding warrants from Peabody and Salem district courts. Those charges were for larceny, malicious destruction of property, cruelty to an animal, motor vehicle violations and shoplifting.
- 12:28 p.m. James Luttgens, 44, of 375 Boston St. #2R, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 114. He was charged with driving with a suspended license and failure to stop or yield.
- 1 p.m. A woman reported a past assault involving her daughter at Higgins Middle School. No further details were available.
- 1:33 p.m. An employee at Victoria's Secret reported two Hispanic females stole eight bras valued at $416 from the store.
- 3:32 p.m. The store manager at Pacific Sunwear called to report past a shoplifting. The manager said there was a suspicious male in the store who had previously shoplifted there. The manager walked through the store with the officer, but was unable to determine if anything was taken this time.
- 4:10 p.m. A caller at the Sun Factory on Foster Street reported there was an abandoned red 1999 Nissan Quest parked near the store without any license plates. Police said the car came back as stolen, so reported by the Salem police on Sept. 22.
- 4:51 p.m. A caller reported that while on a run, he came across a burned out vehicle in the woods behind Sunset Drive. Lynn police checked the area for the vehicle to determine if it was actually in Lynn or Peabody. The owner of the vehicle was contacted and she said her brother borrowed it on Thursday and was supposed to return it on Sunday. After trying to contact her brother, she said she would fild a stolen vehicle report with the Lynn Police Department. Mallia's Towing attempted to remove the vehicle, but was unable to tow it due to its location in the woods.
- 7:26 p.m. Police received reports of a loud party on Park Street, involving loud music and people drinking in the street. Police said the music was turned down and everyone was sent inside.
- 7:54 p.m. A caller at a Highlands at Dearborn apartment reported hearing a child screaming for about 30 minutes. Police checked with the child's mother who said her son was teething and not happy.
- 9:41 p.m. A caller on Sewall Street reported his bicycle was stolen from his home.
- 10:42 p.m. Braudys Nunes, 18, of 5 Fulton St. #1, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Main Street. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle, attaching plates and receiving stolen property $250.
- 11:37 p.m. A caller on Pulaski Street reported one section of vinyl fencing was damaged -- vandalized.
Sunday, Sept. 30
- 10:08 a.m. A caller reported there was a very large/deep pot hole next to the Route 128 overpass on Lowell Street. DPS was notified.
- 10:20 a.m. A Peabody male was listed as missing after his parents reported he ran away from a residence in Lynn and might still be at his girlfriend's residence, which is also in Lynn.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.