The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Nov. 30 - Dec. 1.
Friday, Nov. 30
- 2:09 p.m. Karina Morales-Ramos, 18, and Brenda M. Ramos, 33, both of 10 First St. #S216, Salem, were arrested for shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 2:19 p.m. Craig C. Piper, 46, of 5 Cleveland St. #1, Salem, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street. A caller had reported an erratic driver. Piper was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense) and possession of an open container of alcohol inside the vehicle.
- 2:46 p.m. An officer reported that while a truck from Mallia's Towing was removing the above vehicle, the truck came out of gear and struck a guidewire. There was no apparent damage to the wire, but the truck sustained front-end damage.
- 7:13 p.m. Police received a report of a possible home burglary in progress on Lynn Street. Police said the glass on a rear door was smashed, but it did not appear the person gained entrance to the home. Nothing was reported missing.
- 9:09 p.m. A caller reported a male was screaming for "help" and yelling "me" near Buckley Field next to the Torigian Center. Police came to the aid of a male who lost his glasses in the woods behind the field.
- 9:48 p.m. Anthony Miscioscia, 18, of 7 Oak St. #11, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a domestic disturbance at the corner of Oak and Foster streets. He was charged with aggravated domestic assault and battery (the victim was pregnant) and wanton destruction of property under $250.
- 10:55 p.m. An officer reported locating an intoxicated male at the Charles Motel on Mill Street. The man was unsure of his name and was escorted back to his room.
- 11:25 p.m. Police arrested two individuals after a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Washington Street and Dalton Court. Diana N. Cruz, 28, of 18 Bay State Blvd., Peabody, was charged with driving with a suspended license, a revoked registration and in an uninsured vehicle, along with a warrant from Salem District Court. Meanwhile, Eric Duran, 31, of 21 Bowditch St., Peabody, was charged with possession of Class A and D drugs.
Saturday, Dec. 1
- 12:34 a.m. Police responded to a report of a possible fight at Oliveira's Steak House. Officers said multiple "agitated groups" were dispersed and many of them indicated they would continue the fight in their hometowns. Salem and Lynn police were notified.
- 12:53 a.m. A caller reported the passenger side front window of her car was smashed while the vehicle was parked near St. Vasilios Greek Orthodox Church. She said she saw some people fighting next to her car around the time her window was likely broken. Nothing was missing.
- 1:06 a.m. An officer reported he was checking on a person trying to cross the highway (Route 1 at Winona Street). The officer said the male was intoxicated and took him back to his tractor-trailer.
- 7:56 a.m. An officer reported slippery road conditions on Winona Street.
- 7:57 a.m. An officer reported slippery road conditions on Pine Street.
- 10:46 a.m. Police responded to numerous reports of a water break on Endicott Street with the roadway buckling. The street was closed off while work crews repaired the damage.
- 4:46 p.m. A caller on School Street reported he was having a dispute with his neighbor in regard to him making too much noise. The caller wasn't happy with his neighbor using the "F" word while talking to him.
- 8:02 p.m. Taran M. Upchurch, 42, of 944 Parker St. #270, Jamaica Plain, was arrested for shoplifting and two counts of receiving stolen property, following a report of a shoplifter at Macy's.
- 10:02 p.m. Danielle M. Yocum, 30, of 154 Winona St., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lowell Street and Jennifer Lane. She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and a marked lanes violation. A caller said she witnessed an intoxicated woman enter her vehicle on Canal Street in Salem and head toward Peabody.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.