The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from March 4-5.
Sunday, March 4
- 2:42 p.m. A Buttonwood Lane resident reported she was scammed over the phone out of $5,000, which went to someone in India.
- 3:56 p.m. Police received a report of a male swinging a baseball bat at passing cars outside the near the Cheesecake Factory.
- 4:37 p.m. Jaclyn B. MacGown, 31, of 21 Garden Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a car accident on Central Street near the . MacGown was driving a gray 2012 Honda Accord. She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
- 5:25 p.m. A caller reported a homeless man, who wearing a green trenchcoat and a winter hat, was walking through the neighborhood of Violet Road and Buttonwood Lane. The person thought the man have been intoxicated.
- 5:40 p.m. Police received a report of wild turkeys in Peabody Square, causing traffic problems. An officer said the turkeys were out of the road and last seen on the grass near the courthouse.
Monday, March 5
- 1:42 a.m. A caller at Commodore Builders reported a possible gas main break up at the site of the new Container Store in front of the Northshore Mall. The Fire Department responded to the scene with Engine 3 and Deputy Chief Joseph Daly. A hissing noise had been reported, which turned out to be from a break in a natural gas pipeline and was caused by construction workers. National Grid was called to isolate and shut off the valve, fire officials said. National Grid arrived at 2:17 a.m., made the repair and all fire companies returned at 3:37 a.m.
- 8:50 a.m. Police received a report of two large swans walking down the middle of the road on Endicott Street toward Central Street and hindering traffic. The birds were located and moved to Smidt Avenue.
- 10:38 a.m. Two women were transported to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident at the corner of Washington and Colfax streets.
- 11:44 p.m. Josias Pojoy, 26, of 214 Essex St., Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Jubilee Drive. Pojoy was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 12:23 p.m. Police received a report of an attempted break-in to a home on Bresnahan Street.
- 1:05 p.m. Eponina D. Neto, 31, of 162R Main St., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street. She was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and on two warrants (one from Peabody).
For questions about this log, email email@example.com.