The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Feb. Feb 3-5.
Sunday, Feb. 3
- 4:26 p.m. Dan G. Shoup, 43, of 15 Fall St., Lynn, was arrested for shoplifting at Macy's.
- 7:57 p.m. Two Salem residents were arrested after causing a disturbance at the Courthouse Pub. Police responded to the scene, following a report of two unruly customers, and arrested Jill A. Fountaine, 40, of 72 Beaver St. #1, Salem, for assault with a dangerous weapon, along with David M. Eaton, 47, of the same address, for assault and battery, malicious destruction of property over $250, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
- 8:38 p.m. Thomas G. Chausse, 23, of 1 Fenton St., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lynn Street and Aberdeen Avenue. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense), negligent operation of a vehicle and driving without his headlights on.
Monday, Feb. 4
- 2:08 a.m. A caller reported a small SUV with Rhode Island license plates was parked at the plaza at 532 Lowell St. with the engine running and someone sleeping inside the vehicle. An officer roused the sleeping driver, who was working in the area in the morning and did not want to drive home to Rhode Island.
- 7:22 a.m. Report of a four-car crash on Route 128 North near Centennial Drive. State police handled the accident, but Peabody officers stayed on scene to assist with traffic control.
- 2:29 p.m. A Tanners Court resident reported a larceny.
- 2:35 p.m. The same resident from above reported her neighbor was outside yelling and causing a disturbance. Cynthia Deleskey, 30, of 11 Tanners Ct., Peabody, was arrested on a warrant out of Peabody District Court for larceny.
- 6:16 p.m. Police assisted Verizon workers making radio repairs near the water tower access road from Peabody Veterans Memorial High School. Police said the radio's phone wire appeared to have been cut in an act of vandalism.
- 6:56 p.m. A caller reported an erratic operator driving on the wrong side of the road on Lowell Street and crossing the yellow lines. An officer stopped the car near Walls Decor and said the driver did have a couple of drinks, wasn't feeling well and was on medications. The officer then followed the driver home.
- 7:36 p.m. A caller at a Washington Street apartment reported that a male stranger attempted to enter the apartment. The male was described as short, Hispanic and wearing a beige coat and jeans. He opened the screen door and stuck his head inside, but when he saw the home was occupied he fled the area. Police checked the area, but didn't find anyone and reported the male may have just gone to the wrong address.
- 7:47 p.m. A female caller reported she was the victim of a telephone scam involving Medicare fraud. She did not offer further details to police.
- 9:04 p.m. A caller on Belfast Road reported hearing a loud blast. Police said there was nothing unusual in the area.
- 10:36 p.m. A male caller from Rowley asked for a police cruiser to drive by his ex-wife's residence. He said she was robbed at knifepoint at the Rite Aid in Beverly, but told him she didn't want to involve the police. Officers called Beverly police to confirm about the store robbery and called the victim who said she wasn't robbed herself, but rather someone robbed the store. She said she was fine, her ex-husband overreacted and she didn't want any police action. She was advised to call back if she changed her mind.
Tuesday, Feb. 5
- 2:15 a.m. An officer reported it appeared a vehicle struck a telephone pole on Lynn Street. Verizon was notified to check the pole and the driver was picked up by his mother. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
- 8:10 a.m. An elderly resident showing flu-like symptoms was transported to Beverly Hospital from a Central Street apartment.
- 9:51 a.m. The Fire Department responded to a report of a car fire on Route 128 near Centennial Drive. Reports said the vehicle was fully involved in flames when firefighters arrived. State police were notified and crews extinguished the fire.
- 10:32 a.m. An employee at Budget Pools reported a lock was cut off the back door of the building and some scrap material was stolen.
- 12:46 p.m. Jessica Puopolo, 27, of 52 Clement Ave., Peabody, was arrested at her home on a warrant out of Peabody District Court.
- 1:34 p.m. An officer reported an erratic operator driving a red Ford Taurus on Lynnfield Street swerved over the double yellow lines and came within a foot of hitting him. He pulled the car over and issued a summons to the driver for operating to endanger.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.