The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Feb. Feb 10-11.
Sunday, Feb. 10
- 2:24 p.m. A caller reported his car was struck while parked on Main Street during the parking ban. Police said 15 cars were issued tickets for parking ban violations.
- 2:25 p.m. A caller on Lynn Street reported her fence was broken by a plow truck.
- 3:20 p.m. Two men were arrested after a report of a fight inside a North Central Street apartment. James Z. Mwihia, 34, of Wollaston, and Charles M. Kagunye, 38, of 20 North Central St. #5, Peabody, were both charged with assault with a dangerous weapon (knife) and assault and battery.
- 4:27 p.m. A juvenile was transported to Beverly Hospital with a shoulder injury, following a sledding accident at the Carroll School.
- 5:39 p.m. A caller reported a traffic hazard caused by a man who parked his car in the middle of Union Street and was refusing to move. An officer said the road conditions were terrible and were causing cars to get stuck. DPS was notified and a front-end loader was requested to remove the snow.
- 9:12 p.m. State police responded to a report of a motor vehicle rollover on Route 128 North at Lowell Street.
- 9:33 p.m. A caller on Oakleaf Way reported his girlfriend tried to hit him with a glass candle and then tried to pick up a kitchen knife. An officer said there was an argument between the couple and the female left without incident.
Monday, Feb. 11
- 12:26 a.m. Report of an erratic plow operator cutting off vehicles near the Citgo gas station in Wilson Square. Police said the driver was being observed by an area car and there were no violations. The driver would also clean up what he left.
- 12:54 a.m. Police received additional repeated calls, complaining of the same plow driver. The caller said the man was backing up into traffic without looking and leaving snow in the street. Police checked the area and said the plow was gone. There were no traffic hazards.
- 1:01 a.m. Gilmar Silva, 34, of 14 Sprague St. #1, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a disturbance at the Portuguese-American War Veterans Club. He was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon (knife), disorderly conduct and malicious destruction of proprety under $250. Police said Silva allegedly threatened the bartender at the club with a knife.
- 12:42 p.m. A caller reported a person was plowing snow into the road on Stevens Street. An officer spoke to the resident and said the plow driver was en route to return and fix that problem.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.